Prevent Backups of Certain Notes on Work Computer

Hello Community - I use evernote at home and at work. I have some notes in my Personal notebook that I don't want saved on my work computer. I found out recently that my evernotes do get saved on the work computer and are subsequently backed up. How might I go about blocking certain notes (or the entire notebook) from being backed up on the work laptop?

Thanks!

• Level 5*
52 minutes ago, Everming2020 said:

How might I go about blocking certain notes (or the entire notebook) from being backed up on the work laptop?

Using the Evernote Legacy product, specific notebooks can be designated as "Local" i.e. data is not uploaded from the home computer

Using the Evernote Version 10 product, there's an option in Preferences for no offline data i.e. data is not downloaded to the computer

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, DTLow said:

there's an option in Preferences for no offline data

In the installed version,  isn't that just for wiping data that has been held in a temporary cache during use when the app is closed?  Better I think to use the web version now that there are fewer differences between that and the installed app - although if you look at a personal note from work something will still be saved in the browser cache.  You could also look at using two apps - set up a new basic account at work and keep your personal stuff at home - just share any work related notebooks to your work-self.

• Level 5

General answer: Don‘t use any private app on a work computer.

Any work related equipment is owned by the employer, and he decides about what security measures he wants to install. Putting the legal aspect aside (which can be very different from place to place), he can run an automatic backup you never see, he can install keyloggers and other supervision equipment, most of the time he will not allow admin access etc.

So whatever we tell you how to and what to - it may well be that in your special case all of these measures will not be effective, because your work computer is a can of worms, courtesy of your employers paranoia (or legal right to protect his equipment).

When at work, use a mobile device, and avoid to use the employers WiFi. Even then in many jurisdictions you will be legally stealing the work hours your employer is paying. This alone can get you fired, in many places.