PDF text keeps getting highlighted in blue.

57 minutes ago, snowy01 said:

Every time i view a pdf in a note all the text in the pdf gets highlighted in blue. Why is this?

I agree it is very annoying and massively reduces the usefulness of the inline views.  Simply clicking anywhere within the text displayed frequently leads to all the text being highlighted in blue. It is not possible to select a small section of text to copy and paste. Clicking again or on white space within the pdf or outside the pdf has no effect - it remains blue. The only way of getting rid of all the blue highlighting is to click the grey header bar at the top of the pdf.

I didn't think that this happens to all pdfs but I've just tried a few and it is happening with all the ones I've tried.

• Like 1

I'm experiencing the same thing on macOS, FWIW. Simply scrolling through an embedded pdf (set to display one page at a time) by clicking on the left and right arrows will cause all text on the pdf to be highlighted and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to "un-highlight" the text when this happens.

A perhaps separate issue is that when this happens sometimes the cursor jumps up to the top of the note, which completely loses my place and hides what I was trying to read if the pdf was embedded further down a note. Are any of you also experiencing this as well, by chance?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

by clicking on the left and right arrows will cause all text on the pdf to be highlighted and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to "un-highlight" the text when this happens.

Agreed the arrow keys do seem to make it happen. As I say the easy way of unhighligting for me is ot click the grey header, but I frequently have to scroll up to find that.

20 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

A perhaps separate issue is that when this happens sometimes the cursor jumps up to the top of the note,

I haven't noticed this behaviour although to be honest I tend to read things in Adobe reader so will often have pdfs as attachements.

I notice that the "All pages" view doesn't seem to have this issue and I can successfully copy and paste a section of text from the pdf.

• Thanks 1