Bookmark on mobile (Android)

9 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Tap the 'in progress' icon when you start to share a page to Evernote. You should have options including 'note with text' - which will be the URL

Hi Gazumped, I don't seem to have that option. The process looks like this for me:

1. Tap the three dots in Chrome
  2. Select Share > Evernote
  3. This opens the All Notes page in the Evernote app, which is overlaid very briefly by a window that says 'Clipping...'
  4. That then turns into the attached.

I've tried tapping the Evernote logo and the website icon, but they do nothing. These seem to be the only options I have.

Screenshot_20210209-090053_Evernote.jpg

2 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Ah.  Sorry - this may be something else that the new Evernote has yet to catch up with.  The process I described used to work...  😒

Ah, no worries! I appreciate the help. Glad to know it's not just me. Hopefully they put this back in soon.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Same problem here for months with the paid version. No solutions in the forums. Any date for the fixture, Evernote?

I must add that, with the new problem, some tags are stuck to any new clips. I need to uncheck those tags before adding new ones. Please help.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

At least in the iOS client (which under v10 is pretty close to the Android app) there is no clip as bookmark option.

This option exists in the web clipper available on desktop.

A workaround on mobile is to copy the URL from the browser, switch to EN, create a new note and paste the URL into it.

• Thanks 1

I just spent a while searching this some more, because it was bothering me as well. From the other thread linked below, sounds like this was a deliberate change as of version 10.5. Very disappointing. If that feature is very important to you, I think I've seen some people say you can try manually replacing the app with an older version--I haven't bothered to look into that yet though so you'll have to look it up yourself to figure out how. 

(oh lol, looks like Pink Elephant got in with an answer while I was still searching, thanks! I guess you can consider this just a confirmation that it applies to Android as well.) 

• Like 1