• Level 5

To get to notebook options, you need to be in notebook view.

Click on the "Notebooks" item in the left panel, then you will see all notebooks (and stacks) as a list in the main panel. The notebook actions are behind the 3 dots at the far right of each entry.

You can't delete the "default" notebook, it will always be greyed out.

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, ElizabethM said:

I can't delete notebooks.  When I right click I don't get any options at all. Command delete doesn't work

Use the Notebook page1280205759_ScreenShot2021-01-29at9_59_09AM.png.fa858d0f41f9561ca5700a06085da1da.png

To access the Notebook page, click on the notebook icon in the sidebar

• 3 weeks later...

hi! i'm a new Business user, longtime Premium user, and i've noted the same thing. In EN Business (MacOS) there is no way to delete notebooks, seemingly. 

see screenshot. there's no option to delete the notebook. and i created it. 

note the 2nd screenshot, from web version (chrome)- still no delete option

3rd photo- from clicking on the notebook and using 3dots menu... nothing,. 

am i missing something obvious here?

thanks! -R

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 5.56.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 5.57.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 5.58.03 PM.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I figured it out: if you don't have the "delete" option, it's because you're in a Business account. The only people who can delete business notebooks are administrators. So if you're the admin, go to your name, then to the Admin panel. Under Users/ Content/ Notebooks -- the option to delete the Notebook will appear.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

This didn't work for me.  I became an admin and still cannot find an option to delete a Notebook that I never should have imported into my account.  From the Admin Console, I revoked my own account's Access to the Notebook, but it still exists according to the Admin Console.  In there, the only option is to Export the Notebook.  All other options, including "Delete notebook" are grayed out.  I never should have Imported this Notebook, so I'm trying to undo a big mistake.