Related Notes Missing?

wmsolo

With the new Evernote, I seem to be missing the function to show related note content that used to appear at the end of my note. Or if it's still there, I have no idea how to access the related notes. Help?

• Like 1
  • Level 5

This feature (called context) was permanently discontinued with the release of v10 (same with Mac):

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047889234-What-s-new-in-Evernote-for-Windows

You can still have it when you run legacy.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well this is a drag. I was wondering where that feature went! Sorry to hear it -- my very disorganized Evernote collection now has much less utility. 

Add in the performance problems with the OS X version of Evernote (locking up while I'm trying to take notes in a meeting, for instance) and I'm thinking it's time to move on to a new app. 

Those performance problems are now so bad that I actually take notes in Textedit, and paste them into an Evernote note when I'm done.

• 1 year later...

I have recently upgraded PC so the new evernote runs very smoothly which is nice.

However I am really disappointed i can't see a 'related notes' option. I understand this was part of the 'context' 'feature' that was removed but having a few notes suggested (based on tags / content) that are related to the current note has been very useful for me personally - as it saves me much time cross referencing / duplicating similar information.

Up until now I have been using Evernote legacy for past year or two due to preference and was so impressed with the new evernote that thought it was time to switch over. However as it doesn't seem to have this feature i decided to install the legacy version alongside too.

Strangely i can't see the context option in the legacy evernote either?

Where can it be found? I looked on google but couldn't find a quick answer. Will have to check old PC install, but thinking this thread may be useful for others to posting here.

Also would like to know if there is any planned implemention of 'related notes' function (not spam / ad based context)?

eg. I could only find this, as a layman not sure what this means / or how it can be implemented:

https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/find_related.php

Thanks

Thanks for your quick response. Yes I understand context feature was deprecated from the new Evernote. Although in all honesty i don't know why the developers can't keep the 'related notes' function (albeit without the unecessary 'context function').

My issue/ concern was that i couldn't find how to enable the option in the latest legacy version [( 6.25.3.9348 (309348) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954)]

Anyway after some digging i've found the context / related notes options in the Evernote legacy version here:

Tools > Options > Notes > Context Options

eg. 'show related notes'

PLEASE NOTE:
advanced options > needs to be checked

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/28/2022 at 3:02 PM, flex3000 said:

Thanks for your quick response. Yes I understand context feature was deprecated from the new Evernote. Although in all honesty i don't know why the developers can't keep the 'related notes' function (albeit without the unecessary 'context function').

My issue/ concern was that i couldn't find how to enable the option in the latest legacy version [( 6.25.3.9348 (309348) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954)]

Anyway after some digging i've found the context / related notes options in the Evernote legacy version here:

Tools > Options > Notes > Context Options

eg. 'show related notes'

PLEASE NOTE:
advanced options > needs to be checked

Unfortunately currently being on a 'personal' plan now i am not sure if this is still valid.

Are 'related notes' still coming up in any versions of Evernote (web/app/legacy) on premium plans?

I still use the legacy version so would be good to know, thank you

If not, i just don't understand why 'related notes' was removed.

For me, having a pop up of 'related notes' that showed that i already had already duplicate or similar notes...was so useful and time saving for me...
(personally not bothered about 3rd party context though TBH)

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, flex3000 said:
For me, having a pop up of 'related notes' that showed that i already had already duplicate or similar notes...was so useful and time saving for me...
(personally not bothered about 3rd party context though TBH)

I had this activated for a while when it was implemented and found it completely useless so I switched it off.  I’m not trying to invalidate your comment, only showing a different point of view.  The idea sounded useful to me but I never found the related notes helpful.