Recently updated notes do not appear in searches

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

Evernote Windows 10.6.9 and Adnroid 8.13.3 but must depend on common backend indexing. Recently updated notes do not appear in searches even quite a few hours after. For example I edit either a preexistent note or one just web-clipped, and add the term "foobar". Then I search for "foobar" over the whole database. No matter how I order the notes (recently edited or recently created) note with my last edition does not appear in the search results. However, the search finds other notes containing "foobar", even if they are in the trash bin.

• Level 5*
42 minutes ago, doktorzirb said:

Evernote Windows 10.6.9 and Adnroid 8.13.3 but must depend on common backend indexing. Recently updated notes do not appear in searches even quite a few hours after. For example I edit either a preexistent note or one just web-clipped, and add the term "foobar". Then I search for "foobar" over the whole database. No matter how I order the notes (recently edited or recently created) note with my last edition does not appear in the search results. However, the search finds other notes containing "foobar", even if they are in the trash bin.

When V10 first appeared it was stated that3 minutes was the target for sync updates, which made no sense to me in a knowledge app.  Hours sounds like an issue.  I thin FUBAR is the proper spelling for this condition.  😇

• Solution
33 minutes ago, doktorzirb said:

Recently updated notes do not appear in searches even quite a few hours after.

As I recall, most of the discussion that @CalSrefers to was about tags.  There has been a massive improvement in the speed that tags are indexed in 10.6.9 such that for me, being able to find a newly tagged note is almost instantaneous. I had hoped that these improvements were for the whole of seach but apparently this is not the case. Previously we would have to wait for minutes/hours/days for tags to appear and it appears that this is still the situation for a text search.

5 hours ago, Mike P said:

As I recall, most of the discussion that @CalSrefers to was about tags.  There has been a massive improvement in the speed that tags are indexed in 10.6.9 such that for me, being able to find a newly tagged note is almost instantaneous. I had hoped that these improvements were for the whole of seach but apparently this is not the case. Previously we would have to wait for minutes/hours/days for tags to appear and it appears that this is still the situation for a text search.

I created a note with a already existing tag a few hours ago. It does not show up in the list of notes for that tag.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, jlady said:

I created a note with a already existing tag a few hours ago. It does not show up in the list of notes for that tag.

Assuming you are running 10.6.9 then it is obviously still very variable which is very disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...