Evernote 10 Android Major Problems

My three phones just updated to the latest Evernote Android version. I am having the same major problems on all three phones, a Pixel 4XL, Samsung Galaxy Note Ultra, and a Sharp Aquos. These problems include:

* New notes don't save

* My default notebook does not show up in the notebook list

* My default notebook does not appear in shortcuts (even though it is there on my desktop)

* I can't make the default notebook available offline

* I can no longer write a quick note from the notification bar

* I can no longer add a note or notebook to the home screen 

• Like 2

A suggestion in another thread in this forum solved most of the major problems. I'll repeat that tech tip here so that anyone who's looking can find it. 

(Evernote 10 for Android still doesn't have the ability to create a note from the notification bar.)

---
Solution to not saving notes and default notebook issues:

Peter, with Evernote support I've find a workaround:

- from web version change temporary default notebook to another

- close and reopen evernote Android, now you can save with success

- from web version change default notebook to preferred

- evernote Android still work normally to original default notebook

If you delete data of app, you have to repeat steps above. 

The little problem is that you see default notebook more than one under notebooks, is only grafical issue, app works normally. 

I hope that will be fix soon, I'm waiting answer from support. 

Ciao

• Like 3
  • Evernote Expert
23 hours ago, Dream Wishes 3 said:

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only person missing the quick add note notification button.

I hope they restore it soon. I don't want to clutter up my home screen with more widgets.

I'm not absolutely sure what you mean by 'Quick add note notification' but version 10.4 does include a widget where you can add a shortcut/button to the phone screen to do one of several things including create a blank note, make a search, create a date setting a reminder in the process and other options.

8 hours ago, agsteele said:

I'm not absolutely sure what you mean by 'Quick add note notification' but version 10.4 does include a widget where you can add a shortcut/button to the phone screen to do one of several things including create a blank note, make a search, create a date setting a reminder in the process and other options.

Quick add from the notification bar lets you pull down from the top of your phone to take a quick note. It's described this way in the previous version's app settings: "When you want to capture a thought without launching the app, just swipe down from the top of your screen."

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 1:01 PM, agsteele said:

10.4 does include a widget where you can add a shortcut/button to the phone screen to do one of several things including create a blank note

Problem is that you used to be able to create a widget and specify a notebook to place that new note into.  You no longer have that option. 

• Evernote Expert
13 hours ago, traumadoc2b said:

Problem is that you used to be able to create a widget and specify a notebook to place that new note into.  You no longer have that option. 

I kind of agree.  The single New Note widget button opens a blank note which is immediately offering me the option to select a different notebook and, for that matter, add tags.  It really isn't any more effort than a box that opens and gives me the options to choose.  Admittedly there is no widget which allows you to pre-choose a notebook so you have to choose a different notebook if you don't want it to save into your default notebook.

In any case, using the new widgets generates a notification that says additional widgets are under development.

• Like 1