Integration with other cloud storage.

by.bruno

Idea

Dear and dear Evernote lovers ❤,

I'm Bruno and I've been using Evernote a lot since 2016. I participated in some problems that the application had for Windows / Android (such as synchronization error, bug, etc.), I saw claims that the Evernote design was unified, the migration to the google cloud platform, among others. I am faithful to the Great Elephant 🐘

Some time ago I migrated my files to OneDrive due to the Microsoft 365 productivity suite and I use university services from the company Dropbox. The Evernote app currently has a shortcut to Google Drive - and for me, it's not useful. In that sense, I wanted the possibility to integrate Evernote with other clouds, as well as hide / show the options.

For example, I would hide Google Drive and integrate OneDrive and Dropbox.

Evernote.png

• Like 1

8 replies to this idea

Hi Bruno!

I'm amazed nobody else is interested in this - I asked the same question on here a few months ago (in my case, I use Box.com ...), but, like you, nobody has either voted or replied. I know Google maybe has the majority of cloud storage users, but surely there's enough critical mass among Dropbox, Box, OneDrive users to warrant this?

Anyway - I've upvoted this - let's see where it leads!

21 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

EN servers are hosted in Google data centers. Maybe they don’t want to leave home when connecting … 

Ah, I didn't know that, thanks @PinkElephant - I guess that would certainly take the Google integration easier, and would probably make integration w other Clouds difficult. Probably also applies to integration with the Outlook calendar (which I know was supposed to be in the pipeline until recently ...)

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Help me out here.  My understanding, could be wrong, is that the content of the link is not indexed in EN, it's just a link.  If that's correct what's the joy in the integration?  Jumping off point?

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

There is a calendar and mail integration to Google services today - Google only.

We discuss not about linking files, it is about for example having EN tasks linking to meetings notes in an iCloud or Outlook calendar.

Thanks.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, CalS said:

Help me out here.  My understanding, could be wrong, is that the content of the link is not indexed in EN, it's just a link.  If that's correct what's the joy in the integration?  Jumping off point?

The Google integration features a handy in-note “picker” button that enables you to choose the file(s) from within EN. Absolutely you can drop a Box/Dropbox etc link into EN, but you can’t browse your files from within EN.

An even better version of the G Drive integration would be to be able to edit a doc/sheet/slide from within EN, but that’s for another thread …

• Like 1