The previous version of the software allowed for easy copy and pasting of attached documents. Looks like this has been removed from the new version. Evernote always served as a file locker and now the process of getting info out of the software has been made more difficult. Time to downgrade.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, whyisthissohard said:

The previous version of the software allowed for easy copy and pasting of attached documents. Looks like this has been removed from the new version. Evernote always served as a file locker and now the process of getting info out of the software has been made more difficult. Time to downgrade.

Completely agree and there have been lots of comments in the forums. There is no point in having a nice secure filing cabinet if you can't get stuff out of it. The best work around is to drag the attachment or image from the note onto the Windows desktop and from there into wherever you want it. Definitely a temporary workaround not a long term solution.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, whyisthissohard said:

Has this function been added yet or should I remain with the Legacy version?

Not added yet. I'd stay with legacy. You can always play with the web version if you just want to familiarise yourself with V10.

I can't believe it's so hard to copy and past notes or paragraphs in notes! I want to be able to move stories around and this makes it frustrating. Also grammerly doesn't seem to work with Evernotes and as a dyslexic thats a no go so not sure if I'm going to keep writing here or look for another place to write.

1 minute ago, BernieO said:

I'm using Evernote v10.10.5, and just copy (ctrl-c) and pasted (ctrl-v) a pdf, Excel spreadsheet and Word doc just fine. 

In which direction? Can you copy attachments out of EN because I certainly can't.

• Like 1

Well Sir.... You are absolutely correct. Those copy/paste hotkeys only work into Evernote, not out of :(. What a bummer!

I guess for now, the only workaround is to right-click on the attachment, and then do a 'Save As', and navigate to our destination folder.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, BernieO said:

I guess for now, the only workaround is to right-click on the attachment, and then do a 'Save As', and navigate to our destination folder.

I drag the attachment to the desktop and then drag it fom there to where I need it. Basically amounts to the same thing but I find it slightly easier.

• 2 years later...