How do I change default font size????????

"So far" might be misleading, sorry. Up to now, I failed to find any statement from EN that this will be implemented (even in videos with Ian Small). It's only a feeling amoung many other trivial settings that are lost "so far" 😉
Up to now they try to avoid a global settings dialog or even to allow tooo much user specific settings to ease support's work.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

Up to now they try to avoid a global settings dialog or even to allow tooo much user specific settings to ease support's work.

I guess we have to wait at least a year to see what that new apps will be . But I'm afraid they are going die out and we have to find something different. Evernote is the most non customer friendly company I've ever seen and I'm not exaggerating, they don't listen to their customers, they live in their own world. 😞

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

The issue I'm having with the new Evernote is that the new 16pt default text size is too small for me to read. Only workaround is to magnify the window view which does make the fonts larger on screen, but because its magnified it also makes most of my notes run off the right side of the window and I have to scroll horizontally to see the rest of the note. (I mostly use tables to organize notes)

Please bring back the feature for default text size! I would think text size is fundamental. If the letters are too small and its hard to read the note....what's the point of using the software? 

Fundamentally I'm using it to read and review... aren't I?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • 10 months later...

I just upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S8 to an S20 FE, so my Android version is now 11. With this upgrade, I can barely read my new notes at their default size. So I have to select all and increase font size for every new note. This is a very poor workaround to a very basic missing feature. Please someone let us all know if there is any way to increase the default font size that I just don't know about, or if it is perhaps on its way.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
On 17.09.2021 at 16:21, Ryan Shillington said:

@Andrii Furmanand @yasserd99

You should vote for this request :-).

On 09.12.2021 at 19:13, otterprods said:

I just upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S8 to an S20 FE, so my Android version is now 11. With this upgrade, I can barely read my new notes at their default size. So I have to select all and increase font size for every new note. This is a very poor workaround to a very basic missing feature. Please someone let us all know if there is any way to increase the default font size that I just don't know about, or if it is perhaps on its way.

Hey, Evernote, it would really be great, if you'd add this. 

• Thanks 1

I also find it infuriating that something as simple and basic as setting the default font size is not findable.  WTF?!  The developers may be twenty-somethings, and feel invincible and like they can do anything and don't need help, but there is a huge aging population whose eyesight is no longer strainable all day to the tiny default font size.  We need to be able to customize the default font size just to make the app usable.

• Level 5

We agree there should be more accessibility features. A good first step would be to fully support those already build into the operating systems. One example: When I set „larger text size“ on my iPhone, it will enlarge the user interface of the iOS EN app, like the navigation panel or a search result listing.

What it does NOT enlarge is the note content - this is not influenced by this setting. Hard to understand !

If you want to reach EN PM about it, use the feedback function in the clients. The forum is mainly user2user.

As a workaround on desktops, you can reduce the screen resolution of your monitor. A 4K running FullHD instead will remain crispy sharp, but will show everything (not just EN) larger. Just play a little with monitor settings, until you find your perfect balance between size of text and objects, and „screen real estate“ / usability.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not being able to set a DEFAULT font size in the app is like:

Eating a bowl of cereal without a spoon

Driving a car without a steering wheel 

Reading a book that has no words

Watching a football game from a blimp 

Thinking your smart when your actually dumb

Fixing your notes font size like it's Groundhog day over and over 

• Level 5

Reading your post, I wonder what you want to say - and I hope the next rainy sunday when you can extend that list is a long time down the road.

To send ideas directly to EN, use the feedback function. To find ideas of how to handle the font sizes, search the forum.

• 1 month later...

Anybody has answer? I am on desktop and seem one day It was good and the next day, these lines of ants appear. Evernote trying to put fire to free version, to cause pain and start paying so we can read comfortably.