New notes don't appear on top of list "all notes" anymore

Hello,

just created a new note in a notebook "insurance".
in the past, this note appeared at the top of "all notes", but now there are no signs of it ( and yes, sorting is done correct by change date )

Looking into the notebook itself, its there.

That was different ( and better ) in the past.

Same issue in the IOS App.

What is the point of having the list "all notes" now ?

Is actually anyone in the evernote team testing this version ?

I get more and more the impression that the Evernote team themselves are not using their own tool at all, else these things would be discovered.

I pay money for this, nobody gives me / the users any indication for the future ... this forces users to look for alternatives 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Uwe_K said:

just created a new note in a notebook "insurance".
in the past, this note appeared at the top of "all notes", but now there are no signs of it ( and yes, sorting is done correct by change date )

Looking into the notebook itself, its there.

Very strange. I've not noticed this behaviour in the past and I've not been able to reproduce it now. There are a number of ways you could create a note in a new notebook. If you can outline what your work flow is I will have another go at reproducing the problem.

10 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Very strange. I've not noticed this behaviour in the past and I've not been able to reproduce it now. There are a number of ways you could create a note in a new notebook. If you can outline what your work flow is I will have another go at reproducing the problem.

Hi Mike

my workflow is to place document into the various import folders and from there Evernote pick the file.
This worked and still works as expected.

Only I cannot see the notes in the all notes list, a few minutes ago not even in the individual notebook list.

10 minutes ago, Mike P said:

The latest and newest document ( PDF ) is from 30 min back "Davinci Shortcuts"
I placed the file ( as I do since years ) in the import folder for manuals "Anleitungen"

checking the "list all notes" list, I cannot see it

checking the "Anleitungen" list, I cannot see it  ( List of manuals )

searching for Davinci finds the note in the correct Notebook "Anleitungen" folder

Problem for me is, that I typically add tags to these notes straight afterwards, but now I cannot see them as usual any more and searching every time to locate them is not very effective and convidence level is slowing down, as I am no really sure the document was imported

First I thought it might be due to not yet competed syncronisation ... but on my iPad I have exactly the same results as on Windows. As I can "search & find" the document, this proves synchronisation has taken place.

Sorry for my suboptimal English ...

2020-12-08_145829 search for Davinci.jpg

2020-12-08_145736 List of manuals.jpg

2020-12-08_145501 List all notes.jpg

Import folders do not work in V10, although they are on the "coming soon" list,  See various posts about this in the forum including 

I assume therefore that  you also have the legacy version open or you wouldn't get the file into EN at all. There will obviously be a time delay between the legacy version syncing with the server and the server then syncing back to V10. I don't understand why this would lead to you not seeing it in all notes but seeing it in the notebook unless there was a time delay between looking in the two places.

"I assume therefore that  you also have the legacy version open or you wouldn't get the file into EN at all"

No, I have no legacy version any more ... and you are right, all my files the last weeks were NOT Imported, I did not realize that, trusting the system. This is disappointing

Does EN really think that users will stay ? Until today I was still recommending Evernote to others ... this is not the case any more.

Is it safe to revert back to legacy version, I seriously need to take a proper backup before Evernote crashes my documents.

my confidence level dropped a lot within a day

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

@Uwe_K You can use the legacy version and version 10 at the same time. They keep their data in entirely different places.  So you can have either or both.  Provided you didn't choose to unistall the old version but it was removed by the new Evernote then reinstalling version 6.25 should restore everything as previously. Otherwise you may need to spend a short time reorganising the taskbar to reflect your requirements.  I think I had to reset the Import Folders so be sure to check that they are working as you require.

The communication processes launching Evernote 10 have not been great then, on top of that, we have all missed one or more of the changes even when they were announced.  For example, Import Folders were originally announced as being discontinued but since announced that they will return in response to user demand.

There were similar challenges with ScanSnap scanning.  That has now been restored - albeit with a different workflow.

The new version is gradually developing and missing functions returning.  Until it does what you need you have the option to stick with the legacy version or, as some of us are doing, work with both discovering how the new version is developing.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Uwe_K said:

in the past, this note appeared at the top of "all notes", but now there are no signs of it

Obviously a bug that needs fixing
I posted a similar issue in the IOS forum here

35 minutes ago, agsteele said:

@Uwe_K You can use the legacy version and version 10 at the same time.

yeah, doing it now and will forget the new version for the time being.

my confusion was mostly because Evernote anounced version 10 as the "big new thing" ( at least I understood it like that)

I did't expect version 10 being that poor.

I only hope Evernote will survive somehow as a service and not streamline the functionality to unusable level