Rapid battery drain during use - iPhone 6S

Hi Evernote Team,

I've noticed with the new version of Evernote on iOS (v10.0+) that my battery will drain shockingly quickly while using Evernote. This battery drain is in the order of 1% every 8-10 seconds, which makes using Evernote while on the move on my phone now an impossibility.

Is this a know issue? If so, what are the plans to rectify this? As I do not encounter this level of battery drain with any other app on my phone.

Thanks,

Caleb

• Level 5

The EN team is not here, just other users.

If you want it checked and answered, issue a support ticket.

From our own experience (my wife has an iPhone 6S+) we can’t confirm the battery drain you are reporting. Maybe the installation went bad.

To bring it down, I would uninstall the app, dump the data, switch the iPhone completely off, wait a little, switch on again (Apple logo must show), enter, reinstall the app, log in, and then let it sync completely before using it.

It may be as well that your battery has aged. If you go to iOS settings, battery, battery status, there is a max capacity listed. If this is below 80%, the battery is aged and should be replaced. We had ours replaced nearly 2 years ago (iPhone 6 and 6S+), and it made a tremendous difference in usability. It was rebated back then, today I think it costs 49€. Still a good deal, having a refreshed iPhone for that little money.

Even if is only serves as a backup phone or (as I do) use as a webcam, it is good to have a reliable battery.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

The EN team is not here, just other users.

If you want it checked and answered, issue a support ticket.

From our own experience (my wife has an iPhone 6S+) we can’t confirm the battery drain you are reporting. Maybe the installation went bad.

To bring it down, I would uninstall the app, dump the data, switch the iPhone completely off, wait a little, switch on again (Apple logo must show), enter, reinstall the app, log in, and then let it sync completely before using it.

It may be as well that your battery has aged. If you go to iOS settings, battery, battery status, there is a max capacity listed. If this is below 80%, the battery is aged and should be replaced. We had ours replaced nearly 2 years ago (iPhone 6 and 6S+), and it made a tremendous difference in usability. It was rebated back then, today I think it costs 49€. Still a good deal, having a refreshed iPhone for that little money.

Even if is only serves as a backup phone or (as I do) use as a webcam, it is good to have a reliable battery.

how did you replace the battery? is it an Apple service or a 3rd party? any recommendation highly appreciated! thank you in advance

• Level 5

Apple Store, Genius Bar. We had the replacement done in December 2018, shortly before the special exchange program officially ended. We paid 28€ each, including work and battery, and had to spare the iPhones for one day.

We had a problem with one replacement battery half a year later. It drained very fast, probably a shorted cell. The Genius guy told us the iPhone had been bend (in fact there was a slight deformation that had not been there on the first replacement). They decided to make the replacement free of charge - which I found nice on a 5-year old iPhone 6. It took only a couple of hours then, we could pick it up later on the same day.

If we would be living in normal conditions with the stores open, I would recommend to have a look at the free sessions offered. Then book a Genius Bar slot before a session, drop the phone, take the session, take a look at the newest devices and gadgets, and pick up the phone. Even for 49€ it is a deal - I remember replacing a battery on my Nokia C5 „back then“, where it was replaceable by just taking it out. The replacement battery did cost more than having a full replacement today for an iPhone.

• Thanks 1