I can't center my image after update to evernote 10.4.4-2096, please help

11 hours ago, SCMS87 said:

The drop down menu shows alignment options for images, but they don't work

Really? In the windows desktop version (10.4.4)? I've persobnally never seen any allignment options. I don't think it is currently something you can do.

• Level 5

Most shortcuts were  removed from v10.

If you need a page layout, use a tool appropriate for this task, like a word processor or a real DTP software. A note app is no such tool, even if by accident it was up to do this in former versions.

The new version is designed to look alike on all clients, which restricts layouting for a specific computer. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

If you need a page layout, use a tool appropriate for this task, like a word processor or a real DTP software. A note app is no such tool, even if by accident it was up to do this in former versions.

I generally agree but it is not always clear cut. There is a spectrum from a simple text edting app at one end and and full DTP software on the other. Where exactly on the spectrum you should put a note taking app will depend on the user. So because users won't agree EN has to decide, I personally like the simplicity of the new editing options. The great thing about EN is the ability to attach any file to a note and then open, edit and save it back seamlessly which makes your suggestion of using a word document really easy to implement. It would be even better if Word docs could be embedded like pdf's.

• Evernote Expert

Although I agree that simplicity in a note taking app is a good thing I do feel that being able to align an image or centre it isn't an entirely unreasonable thing and all devices have a left, right and centre to the screen space so that amount of alignment might be a reasonably expected to work.  I just ran into this yesterday for the first time. and it was somewhat annoying although not deal breaking.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Inline display: Works just fine for different document types in legacy, only for pdf in v10.

Really? How do I display a word document inline in the Windows desktop legacy version?

Just updated to the 10.4.4. mac version yesterday and now all images in my notes are aligned left. Alignment options remain in place for text. I assume this is a mistake/bug with the new version. Anyone know if Evernote will actually be monitoring this feed and fixing it? I will be disappointed if this means going back and re-formatting every note.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

More than three months have gone by since the last activity on this thread! Any official feedback from Evernote personnel on whether this is a bug that will be fixed at some point or whether we should just live with this state of affairs indefinitely? Alternatively, is this the wrong place to inquire about issues like this one?

7 hours ago, rinaus said:

More than three months have gone by since the last activity on this thread! Any official feedback from Evernote personnel on whether this is a bug that will be fixed at some point or whether we should just live with this state of affairs indefinitely? Alternatively, is this the wrong place to inquire about issues like this one?

This is predominantly a user forum. EN comment ocassionally but don't expect a comment on every issue. The three month lack of activity may suggest that this feature is not at the top of users' priority list.

The possibility of being able to have images following text identation is important in many cases, and should be quite basic. I am really missing this possibility, and it was available until recently. Difficult to undertstand it has been removed on purpose. Hope Evernote can consider recovering this possibility soon.

• Like 2
  • 9 months later...