10.4.3: Top-list view: Room for UI improvement

Lemayp

Idea

I was glad to ear that the "Top-list view" was made available once again inside of the 10.4.3 version as I like to use such perspective to see my search result at the top of the note that I am editing.  While using it, though, I felt like it was a different experience since I had to constantly resize the window of the list view to see more results, something I wasn`t doing much in the past.  So I decided to compare with the previous version to discover that the new UI is showing up half of the entries then before.

Here is a sample snapshot of both 10.4.3 (left) and 6.25.2 (right) on top of each other where we can see that the titles "All Note" are aligned.  On the left we can see 3 notes listed for the same size of the "List View" compare to 8 notes on the legacy version which also have the "Search dialog" part of the header too.

image.png.5ea004574a79a76a979d200deb416ede.png 

I know that a lot of important bugs needs to be fixed in 10.x first, but the designer will have to refine such kind of UI in the short/mid term too.  Since the new version is all about the new UI and the way the user consume the information, we are not expecting step back on such kind of UI implementation.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Lemayp said:

I was glad to ear that the "Top-list view" was made available once again inside of the 10.4.3 version

Likewise; Top-List is my preferred view   
I moved your post to the requests forum and added my vote

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
41 minutes ago, Lemayp said:

I know that a lot of important bugs needs to be fixed in 10.x first, but the designer will have to refine such kind of UI in the short/mid term too.  Since the new version is all about the new UI and the way the user consume the information, we are not expecting step back on such kind of UI implementation.

The new version is full of air on most screens.  Info density took a major hit.  Okay if you like to scroll a lot, or click on layers of menus.  PITA for anyone who cares to be productive in their life.  Accomplish anything may just take longer.  🤷‍♂️