App problems iOS version

i am an 8 yr Evernote PAID user.  for 3 years, app is on an iPhone and use desktop windows version.  ever since the "new" app update on my iPHONE i have HATE HATE HATE HATE it.

i have app version 10.1.  my phone is iOS 14.2.  on an iPhone 7.  i acknowledge my hardware is old.

BUT here are the noticeable problems since the v10 app

-- SLOW SLOW SLOW to load.  i can wait 10-20 seconds for it to load

-- using camera to scan paper into evernote.  the scanning process is much much much slower.  once image is acquired, processing time is 3x what it was before.  and the, unless you tap the screen somehing like 2-3x after image is acquired, it will not be uploaded and synced.  so i took a scan, and then 30 min later it was still not on my desktop.  i went back to the phone and had to hit the CHECK mark again to sync

-SLOW SLOW.  OMG i'm get more gray hair waiting for program to load.  i am finding myself using the app much less than before

-- i often use voice dictation with Siri in my notes. there were many times where all of my text was being duplicated in the note.  that seems to have stopped now.

--there are more but this is what i can think of at the moment

--these are my major issues for now.  i do not monitor the discussion form, but i wanted to relay my displeasure.  i have no intention of recommending evernote to anyone until the app is improved.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, msing said:

i have no intention of recommending evernote to anyone until the app is improved.

Hi.  The new app is now being updated frequently.

You will be unable to do this in iOS,  but on other devices you might want to look into the 'legacy' app,  which is still the last version with full features.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I totally feel your pain. I have been a dedicated EN user since 2010. About a month or so ago, I decided that I would try upgrading from the "legacy" app to the new app and I totally regret it. I also updated the desktop app to the new version. The EN app on my iPhone is completely useless. I am having multiple issues:

1. When I edit a note (shopping list / check list) and close the app, the edits aren't saved. The legacy version never had this problem.

2. When I search for anything, it takes forever for a result to come back. The legacy version was very snappy in this regard.

3. When I try to open a note from the search results, I get a blank screen. I sometimes have this problem on the desktop app, too. On the desktop app, I need to restart and then it seems to work OK. On the iPhone app, it just fails every time.

4. I try to submit a request for support from the iPhone and it crashes. Every time. 

The app is basically unusable. I am going to look at downgrading to the legacy app and then I will start the task of finding a replacement. I have been an Evernote user for 10 years. This feels like a break up.