Latest release removed key productivity features!!!

Evernote Release 10.3.7 (Mac OS) has removed key productivity features.  No warning so I could skip this upgrade and no beneift to the user for the changes!!? 

• No more Folder Tabs (open note in new folder tab within application)
  • No more quick format command (shift+commad+F) to normalize pasted text
  • No creating new note within the application - Creating new note opens a separate window?

Current featuers not working. 

• Paste and Match Style removes hyper links
  • Pasted links - now requires (2) clicks to open a web link within a note.  1st click opens a box with the link inside... <faceplam>'

There are more I have seen elsewhere in the forum.

Edited by edgesport
Clarity
3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Aaah - errr - yes, the forum is full of this stuff since they released v10.

The easiest solution is to go „back“ to the old client, now called „legacy“. I am only running this version, and wait until v10 supports my workflows (if ever ...).

Thanks. Is it possible to then uninstall v 10 (without losing any data)?

And is there some process to export all EN notes, with each folder an individual .enex file? I believe there used to be...

EN should really put this all in a sticky, since everyone seems bewildered by the total loss of essential features (like integration with Mac Services (right-click menu), "Share With", and other stuff completely essential to any note-taking program on a computer.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
21 minutes ago, Will S said:

And is there some process to export all EN notes, with each folder an individual .enex file? I believe there used to be...

No, this is not an Evernote feature    
It can be scripted (after Evernote implements Applescript integration)

>>Is it possible to then uninstall v 10 (without losing any data)?

The master version of our data is stored on the Evernote servers   
If fully sync'd; uninstalling v10 will not lose any data

• Like 1
  • Level 5

You can check the status of your notes on the server by opening EN in the web client, on a browser. Review the younger notes, look at the note count etc. This is the master copy of your database, it will be the source for every new installation you make.

If running legacy, there can be local notebooks. These are not on the server, and the user has to backup them himself. In v10 there are no local notebooks, so no need to back them up. To keep a local backup of all data, I simply use a backup program (Acronis True Image) and run a copy of the EN database folder to a backup disk. But this is not entirely necessary, just a piece of a personal backup strategy.

If you want to go back to legacy, uninstall the v10 client (or leave it installed, can be run side by side) and install legacy following the help article I have linked above.

• Like 1

What happened to 'Open in a New Tab'?!?  ... I use that all the time, with multiple related notes in one window and a tab for each.  Even open in a new window takes twice as much effort.
While the 'link handling' was long overdue for an update, I'm not sure the update was worth it at all. I've got crosslinking all throughout my notes, but now it's super awkward to use them!

I've been using Evernote for 8 or 9 years now, and the only time I get really really frustrated is when there is an 'upgrade'.   I struggled with the upgrade/latest version all day today ... finally, swapped back to 'legacy', and looking for other alternatives.

Thanks for the legacy link @Will S.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, DTLow said:

No, this is not an Evernote feature    
It can be scripted (after Evernote implements Applescript integration)

>>Is it possible to then uninstall v 10 (without losing any data)?

The master version of our data is stored on the Evernote servers   
If fully sync'd; uninstalling v10 will not lose any data

Thanks—good to know! But what do you suppose is going on here, then—I am unable to export my notes because the EN Legacy app is stuck on "Downloading content…" for more than 24 hours now:

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/131335-trying-to-use-evernote-legacy-to-export-notes-but-stuck-at-downloading-content…/