Still running 6.25 but need to move it to a new PC. Prob: Server sync is disabled due to company policy.

I have a very unique problem.

I'm still running 6.25 but need to move it to a new PC.  Prob: Server sync is disabled due to company policy (block by firewall).
I've been running via local database for over a year, working fine.
However I now need to upgrade to a new PC and that PC is also behind the firewall (not allowing me to sync).
The database is easy to move to the new PC, the problem is the new 6.25 install wants to see the EN server before it will allow me to disable sync.

Anyone have any helpful tips on how to get around the fresh install "required sync" issue? 
Maybe there is a command line switch I can use to tell it not to try to sync...?

Any help would be MOST appreciated as I have 10 years of notes I need keep and use on my new PC.

Thx,
J

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Fireborne-1 said:

I'm still running 6.25 but need to move it to a new PC.

So if you install the Evernote app on a new PC and log in it will still want to verify your account with the server.  Your best bet (I think) would be to export your existing installation to ENEX files (one file per notebook,  and check 'options' to be sure tags are also included),  then set the app up on the new PC - if you can - and re-import your notebooks.

If the firewall prevents your even logging in,  you'd be able to use an external computer to recreate the local database from the ENEX files,  but I don't know how you'll be able to recreate it internally...

(I'm assuming that you can't use Evernote web and wouldn't wish to have these notebooks online with the server...) 

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Fireborne-1 said:

I have a very unique problem.

I'm still running 6.25 but need to move it to a new PC.  Prob: Server sync is disabled due to company policy (block by firewall).
I've been running via local database for over a year, working fine.
However I now need to upgrade to a new PC and that PC is also behind the firewall (not allowing me to sync).
The database is easy to move to the new PC, the problem is the new 6.25 install wants to see the EN server before it will allow me to disable sync.

Anyone have any helpful tips on how to get around the fresh install "required sync" issue? 
Maybe there is a command line switch I can use to tell it not to try to sync...?

Any help would be MOST appreciated as I have 10 years of notes I need keep and use on my new PC.

Thx,
J

If you can disconnect from the network and connect to WiFi.  Then sign in.  If not, see if you can get a one time exception from your network types, long enough for you to log in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1