Sad to say goodbye

My EN account says I’ve been a user since 2008.  I am one of the early adopters and yet today is the day I say goodbye.  

I use EN as a filing cabinet.  But the latest iterations don’t even achieve that humble goal.  The past two versions on iOS are awful.  My main gripe - if you open a note and then go to another app, EN seems to forget where it was.   Defeats any point of multi tasking.  

The latest Mac version is unusable.  That’s basically all I can say.  As a subscriber, I just don’t have time for this.  

I’m now using apple notes and Dropbox as my filing cabinets.  Notion for everything else.  Just spend a few days with notion and you realize what a well designed app can do.  It’s a joy to use.  

So goodbye Evernote.  It makes me sad to go - I’ve been loyal for a long time, but I just don’t need the aggravation.  

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
44 minutes ago, gatorbrit said:

I’m now using apple notes and Dropbox as my filing cabinets.  Notion for everything else.

I'm  still using the Evernote Legacy product (Mac) with no issues   
I wouldn't want to split my note database; is there a reason you have three solutions?

10 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I'm  still using the Evernote Legacy product (Mac) with no issues   
I wouldn't want to split my note database; is there a reason you have three solutions?

I use EN really to store records - dogs vaccination records, my property tax bill, the receipt for my dishwasher.  
Those things live in notes now, but PDFs like past tax returns, user manual for the dishwasher are in dropbox.   
notion is where I create notes and ideas and where all my work stuff lives - tasks,projects,meetings etc.  

I gave up using Evernote as a one stop shop for everything years ago.   But now it fails at just being a repository of information that I might need to access occasionally.   

• Like 1

The iOS app has got more features due to return soon so I’m staying put. V10 has been ok for me. The Windows version has been pretty good and the web client is excellent. 
If v10 on Mac/PC isn’t working for you then I’d encourage users to download the legacy version. It’s a difficult transition for the developers and users but ultimately it will be worth it. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, gatorbrit said:

My EN account says I’ve been a user since 2008.  I am one of the early adopters and yet today is the day I say goodbye.  

I use EN as a filing cabinet.  But the latest iterations don’t even achieve that humble goal.  The past two versions on iOS are awful.  My main gripe - if you open a note and then go to another app, EN seems to forget where it was.   Defeats any point of multi tasking.  

The latest Mac version is unusable.  That’s basically all I can say.  As a subscriber, I just don’t have time for this.  

I’m now using apple notes and Dropbox as my filing cabinets.  Notion for everything else.  Just spend a few days with notion and you realize what a well designed app can do.  It’s a joy to use.  

So goodbye Evernote.  It makes me sad to go - I’ve been loyal for a long time, but I just don’t need the aggravation.  

That was an issue on the old iOS app, the new one (10) most definitely remembers where it was when multitasking. I use this feature all the time and it is one that is stable. If yours isn’t doing that then I would try reinstalling it, this was a massive gripe on the old version so it’s surprising you didn’t feel that frustration then but it’s fixed in the new version. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, wbutchart said:

That was an issue on the old iOS app, the new one (10) most definitely remembers where it was when multitasking. I use this feature all the time and it is one that is stable. If yours isn’t doing that then I would try reinstalling it, this was a massive gripe on the old version so it’s surprising you didn’t feel that frustration then but it’s fixed in the new version. 

I guess I could try reinstalling, but Sunday morning, (using the new IOS app on Ipad), I pulled up a recipe.  First - the search was a mess - it kept finding, then not finding what I was looking for - there was no stability in the results.   Then I open the recipe and start cooking.  I switch to another app and come back to evernote to find that it is back at the start page.    

I am sure that these things will be fixed.  But here's the issue - and a brief history of evernote:

1. Create great app/services that work and people love them.

2. Release new version and break the app.  People all threaten to leave the service.

3. Gradually fix the app.

4. New app is almost as good as the old app, but does have some new features that we really didn't want.

5. Wait a while

6. Go back to #2 and repeat to #6.

Seriously - there is a pattern here.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1