Quick Notes vs. Open Evernote

Don Dz

Idea

Is it safe to assume that we will soon be given the option to open Evernote when single left clicking on the icon, rather than the current exclusive option of creating a Quick Note (EN 10.3.6)?

Thanks for listening.

• Like 1

7 replies to this idea

Yes this is not intuititive. I want to add: on windows if you hover with the mouse over the elephant in system tray it says "Open Evernote". So in windows logic clicking left would literally mean "Open Evernote" 😉 But instead the quick note feature opens (which as a feature is nice though).

Sadly, EN staff does not care much about the windows eco system anymore. Otherwise these obvious flaws would be discovered in testing before releasing.

• Like 1
On 11/10/2020 at 8:21 AM, Don Dz said:

Is it safe to assume that we will soon be given the option to open Evernote when single left clicking on the icon, rather than the current exclusive option of creating a Quick Note (EN 10.3.6)?

Thanks for listening.

I too would like to be able to switch this back. I don't like the Quick Note feature, and am no longer able to just open the full app from the tray (which I much preferred).

On 1/12/2021 at 7:21 PM, brichins said:

am no longer able to just open the full app from the tray (which I much preferred).

Open the full app by right click first, then left click "Open Evernote". 

Hopefully this will be fixed soon . . . . 

• Thanks 1