Why has auto correct stopped working?

I downloaded the new Evernote for Mac and ever since the auto correct has stopped working. One of the main reasons I use and subscribe to Evernote is the amazing spell corrector which means I can just write and it sorts it for me. Ever since downloading the new version my page is full of red squiggles. HELP PLEASE!!!

• Level 5*
On 11/5/2020 at 6:10 AM, Matt Barlow said:

I downloaded the new Evernote for Mac and ever since the auto correct has stopped working. One of the main reasons I use and subscribe to Evernote is the amazing spell corrector which means I can just write and it sorts it for me. Ever since downloading the new version my page is full of red squiggles. HELP PLEASE!!!

Hi.  A lot of features are temporarily stripped out in the new version. You can get these back by going 'legacy*',  but they're -at least temporarily- unavailable in the new app.  We don't yet know what's coming back,  or in what timescale or order.  Sorry.

*See: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Matt Barlow said:

Amazin, you are a star. My sanity is restored. I've got so used to typing badly cos Evernote have such a good auto correct. How would I be able to keep track of when they bring the auto correct feature to the new version?

Evernote are notoriously bad at release notes - they tend to comment 'we fixed lots of bugs' rather than giving details;  best way is probably to use v10 from time to time to see what changes.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a real problem for me as well.

I've used EV for years and been more than happy with the Mac App and a Premium user - that is, until now and the recent major overhaul - autocorrect isn't working and it's driving me nuts .... this is a basic requirement for a smooth flowing / positive customer experience - why go to all that effort to upgrade the app and then undo it all by overlooking a basic user experience requirement.

When will this be resolved as right now I don't want to look at alternative offerings but with time I may have no choice 

• Like 1
On 11/18/2020 at 4:20 PM, Tom9417 said:

This is a real problem for me as well.

I've used EV for years and been more than happy with the Mac App and a Premium user - that is, until now and the recent major overhaul - autocorrect isn't working and it's driving me nuts .... this is a basic requirement for a smooth flowing / positive customer experience - why go to all that effort to upgrade the app and then undo it all by overlooking a basic user experience requirement.

When will this be resolved as right now I don't want to look at alternative offerings but with time I may have no choice 

Yeah just go back to legacy for a bit. it works totally fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes..this is such a small but important feature for me too. I type sloppy when i am trying to get ideas in my head down. Stopping to correct each words is a speed bump in the whole process. I have reverted to legacy just for this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
37 minutes ago, ChrisMags said:

Why in the world would they remove autocorrect?? I don't understand. And what is the legacy version and how do I get it?

You're in a Mac thread that's nearly 18m old.  What device & OS do you have,  and which version of Evernote are you using?

• 1 year later...