Search results do update when resulting notes are changed

v 10.2.4 build 458360 public
Editor: v111.0.14414
Service: v1.21.2

I use saved search to list notes that have a reminder marked as done across all my notes/notebooks (reminderOrder:* reminderDoneTime:*)

I process each note deciding if the note has to be move to trash or the reminder has to be "removed" and the note moved to a specific notebook.

No matter what I do (trash the note or remove the reminder), the note stay listed in the search result. There is no way to update the search.

This is really annoying and breaks my workflow.

In Evernote Legacy, the search result is updated instantly and the manipulated note disappears as expected from the search result.

Search has been praised a lot as one of the major feature being implemented in the new version. The way this work now is a major stepback compared to Evernote Legacy 

• Like 1

yes, I know a similar problem, e. g. if you rename a note the list doesn‘t get updated. Sometimes even a re-search doesn‘t help, I‘ve first to do a complete different search, then the previous search term shows the updated notes.

Sometimes it takes a few seconds until search recognizes new/updated notes - seems some work has to be done on the Evernote server first until the search is working as expected.

• Level 5*
On 11/5/2020 at 11:52 AM, stocky2605 said:

Sometimes it takes a few seconds until search recognizes new/updated notes - seems some work has to be done on the Evernote server first until the search is working as expected.

I think it was referenced in the betas that the target was three minutes for updates to be available in searches.  So probably more than a few seconds, hopefully no longer than three minutes. 

But even then, how do you do any maintenance on a large batch of notes if you have to wait to see if it took?  PITA.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Andrea Bisiach said:

I really hope this was not true and just a misunderstanding. If I work on Notes reorganization I cannot wait 3 minutes every time I  make a change. 

it’s one of the reasons I’m still using 6.25 on Windows.  V10 has the same impact there. 🤷‍♂️