OFFLINE questions

Richard_GG

Idea

My internet connect ion recently had problems and I couldn't get to  my notes.  Very upsetting.

I have since learned about the offline capability but have questions:

• I ran it on my ipad but had to do it a folder at a time.  Is there a way to simply download the entire notebook?
  • I need this feature primarily on my Win10 PC.  Can it be done on my PC?
  • Do these downloaded folders stay synched with online content?

Thanks - Richard

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

You can set all notebooks to „offline“ in the settings of the v10 app, but it will most likely stall during download. This is still not stable.

You better pick one notebook after the other for download in the EN v10 settings. Set you iPad settings to „autoscreen off“ = never, and put the iPad to a charger. This will stop the iPad to lock up and push the EN App into the background. In the background, Download will be stopped by iOS to conserve energy.

I did my download with appr. 3 notebooks downloading at a time. When one was done, I picked the next.

After you have downloaded it all selecting notebook after notebook, you can go to EN settings again and switch to the „all notebooks offline“ option. If asked, say „keep downloaded content“ YES, and it will use what you have loaded before.

If it stalls again, switch „offline content“ off, select „keep content“ again, close the app, reopen and switch it on again. Download will restart.

I know this sounds buggy, and in fact it is. I hope EN gets this fixed, but currently it works as described.

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, Richard_GG said:
  • I need this feature primarily on my Win10 PC.  Can it be done on my PC?
  • Do these downloaded folders stay synched with online content?

Yes, PC offline storage should be turned on by default (Save Data at Log Out)1093352042_ScreenShot2020-10-29at7_32_06AM.png.8f9b4ec9cfea957484e733e1b99ce004.png
Screenshot is from my Mac

Yes, the notebooks stay sync'd with the online content

>>I ran it on my ipad but had to do it a folder at a time.  Is there a way to simply download the entire notebook?

As you can see, there's only one setting on a Mac/Pc; all data
The iPad also had an "All Notebooks" selection, but it's buggy - you're better doing one notebook at a time

Thank you both very much!  I have modified the settings on my ipad and checked that  my preferences are set correctly.  Hopefully this will protect me.

When my connection was lost though, I wasn't able to view notes on my PC.  This may have something to do with the other problem where EN won't display actual not content unless I reinstall it.  This has happened twice.  I have posted two questions about this, marked URGENT, but nobody has replied.  Might one of you check into this?

• Level 5

We both are just users, as you.

When going to support, you get an automatic answer by mail, with AI proposals of support documents.

Did you answer this mail, stating that is did not help you, and you need personal support ? I have no inside knowledge, but this I would do.

Waiting time with support currently seems to be a minimum of 3-4 days. They probably have a monster queue to work down.

Oops, sorry about that.  I finally heard back from support and they sent me a link to the latest version.  See below, hopefully this fixes the problem. Thanks again!

We just released an update - Version 10.2 - which addresses many of the requests we have seen over the last few weeks. At this time, please update your application [www.evernote.com/download] for access to the most recent fixes and features.

Check out this article [https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058361833] for a list of the feature updates and fixes you can expect to see in this update.

While we do believe that this update will resolve many issues, should you still need to speak to an agent please reply to this email with an activity log from the device on which you are experiencing the issue [https://help.evernote.com/hc/articles/208314078] in order to expedite troubleshooting.

• Thanks 1