Problem default sort order on saved search

Nicola B.

Idea

Hi, on old Evernote for Windows the default sort order on saved search was "Sort by Date update", now on new Evernote 10.x the default sort order is "Sort by Relevance".

How can I set the default sort order? Because now it's a big problem because every time I want to see all last notes sent to my inbox folder I've to change Sort type.

Thanks for any help

• Like 1

8 replies to this idea

1 hour ago, Nicola B. said:

Hi, on old Evernote for Windows the default sort order on saved search was "Sort by Date update", now on new Evernote 10.x the default sort order is "Sort by Relevance".

How can I set the default sort order? Because now it's a big problem because every time I want to see all last notes sent to my inbox folder I've to change Sort type.

Thanks for any help

The ability to change default sort order by notebook, saved search etc hasn't been implemented.

You can change the default sort order for all notebooks and all notes. If you are happy for all non searches to be sorted by date updated you could simply change the sort order and then open your inbox from the notebooks menu or add it to favourites. 

16 minutes ago, Mike P said:

The ability to change default sort order by notebook, saved search etc hasn't been implemented.

You can change the default sort order for all notebooks and all notes. If you are happy for all non searches to be sorted by date updated you could simply change the sort order and then open your inbox from the notebooks menu or add it to favourites. 

Hi Mike..... I've change the order of one Notebook (es. Inbox) to "Sort by Date update", then I've create a Saved search that show all notes into Inbox notebook without reminder (and I've add to Fovourites) but if I open saved search it continue to show me notes with "Sort by Relevance"

10 minutes ago, Nicola B. said:

Hi Mike..... I've change the order of one Notebook (es. Inbox) to "Sort by Date update", then I've create a Saved search that show all notes into Inbox notebook without reminder (and I've add to Fovourites) but if I open saved search it continue to show me notes with "Sort by Relevance"

Exactly. You are still using a search so it will default back to searching by relevance. The only way you can do it at the moment is to add the notebook itself to favourites. Obviously I now see that is not exactly what you want because it will include the notes with reminders as well.

7 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Exactly. You are still using a search so it will default back to searching by relevance. The only way you can do it at the moment is to add the notebook itself to favourites. Obviously I now see that is not exactly what you want because it will include the notes with reminders as well.

OK understand.... I wait the implementation of the default order feature 🙂

Thanks

After listening to this forum for a while, I am frightened this will never come again. Unified code basis also seams to mean simplified code basis... special features are killed because of their their new simplifiying the programming attitude - it's so sad.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, as of today, the web client still insists on sorting by relevance regardless of the setting you have chosen for your notebooks.

For the life of me, in any product, not just Evernote, I have never seen any value in "By Relevance" as a sort order for search results. I don't know what definition of "Relevance" is being used, but it has never resulted in anything but a random mish-mash of results slapped together with none of them being terribly relevant to my search need.

"By Updated" is the only way I've ever found the results to show up in any useful /useable manner. It will be great when Evernote fixes this omission.

Best Regards

On 11/21/2020 at 3:39 PM, Nicola B. said:

I don't know from which version but now sort order remain correctly set also in savet search to Sort by Date update

Thanks

There is no "correct" order for a search result. One guy wants Sort by Update, another wants Sort by Relevance. I happen to want Sort by Title (for a certain saved search). Some day maybe we can all get what we want by being able to a) set the default search order, and (or) b) save the sort order as an attribute of a saved search. Honestly what we need is the ability to save an entire View, including filter (i.e. search), sort order, grid vs list, and so on.