Jump to content
  • 1

Problem default sort order on saved search


Nicola B.

Idea

Hi, on old Evernote for Windows the default sort order on saved search was "Sort by Date update", now on new Evernote 10.x the default sort order is "Sort by Relevance".

How can I set the default sort order? Because now it's a big problem because every time I want to see all last notes sent to my inbox folder I've to change Sort type.

Thanks for any help

Link to post

6 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0
1 hour ago, Nicola B. said:

Hi, on old Evernote for Windows the default sort order on saved search was "Sort by Date update", now on new Evernote 10.x the default sort order is "Sort by Relevance".

How can I set the default sort order? Because now it's a big problem because every time I want to see all last notes sent to my inbox folder I've to change Sort type.

Thanks for any help

The ability to change default sort order by notebook, saved search etc hasn't been implemented.

You can change the default sort order for all notebooks and all notes. If you are happy for all non searches to be sorted by date updated you could simply change the sort order and then open your inbox from the notebooks menu or add it to favourites. 

Link to post
  • 0
16 minutes ago, Mike P said:

The ability to change default sort order by notebook, saved search etc hasn't been implemented.

You can change the default sort order for all notebooks and all notes. If you are happy for all non searches to be sorted by date updated you could simply change the sort order and then open your inbox from the notebooks menu or add it to favourites. 

Hi Mike..... I've change the order of one Notebook (es. Inbox) to "Sort by Date update", then I've create a Saved search that show all notes into Inbox notebook without reminder (and I've add to Fovourites) but if I open saved search it continue to show me notes with "Sort by Relevance"

Link to post
  • 0
10 minutes ago, Nicola B. said:

Hi Mike..... I've change the order of one Notebook (es. Inbox) to "Sort by Date update", then I've create a Saved search that show all notes into Inbox notebook without reminder (and I've add to Fovourites) but if I open saved search it continue to show me notes with "Sort by Relevance"

Exactly. You are still using a search so it will default back to searching by relevance. The only way you can do it at the moment is to add the notebook itself to favourites. Obviously I now see that is not exactly what you want because it will include the notes with reminders as well.

Link to post
  • 0
7 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Exactly. You are still using a search so it will default back to searching by relevance. The only way you can do it at the moment is to add the notebook itself to favourites. Obviously I now see that is not exactly what you want because it will include the notes with reminders as well.

OK understand.... I wait the implementation of the default order feature 🙂

Thanks

Link to post
  • 0

After listening to this forum for a while, I am frightened this will never come again. Unified code basis also seams to mean simplified code basis... special features are killed because of their their new simplifiying the programming attitude - it's so sad.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...