Missing Features?

vogelap

Idea

Where did the "Simplify Formatting" function go?

Where is the "Sync" button? Where is the ability to determine when sync occurs? I want to be able to define when sync occurs (I do not like sync happening automatically when I launch Evernote).

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

• Like 1

10 replies to this idea

10 hours ago, vogelap said:

You can remove formatting but not simplify it.

For webclips you can still use the simplified article option or "simplify and make editable" when it's been clipped.

Have we been told why Sync has been axed?

I appreciate they're rebuilding EN, and interviews with Ian Small give me confidence that we're going to see much improvement over the coming months, but I would like to know the reasons behind it - they might convince me it's the better choice.

All I know is that I've been using it in the past to ensure my changes are saved, i.e. I may open/close a task within a few seconds at times, and to ensure the version I want is saved - I use the Sync button and see that it's done. Since doing this I've had fewer mishaps requiring me to dive into older versions.

Cheers,

• Level 5
22 hours ago, vogelap said:

Where is the "Sync" button? Where is the ability to determine when sync occurs? I want to be able to define when sync occurs (I do not like sync happening automatically when I launch Evernote).

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

In a post announcing the new version, it is stated that sync now happens continually, no longer on demand or on schedule. Don't know about simplify formatting. Is there a Remove Formatting button?

On 10/20/2020 at 3:20 PM, Alcafs said:

Have we been told why Sync has been axed?

I appreciate they're rebuilding EN, and interviews with Ian Small give me confidence that we're going to see much improvement over the coming months, but I would like to know the reasons behind it - they might convince me it's the better choice.

All I know is that I've been using it in the past to ensure my changes are saved, i.e. I may open/close a task within a few seconds at times, and to ensure the version I want is saved - I use the Sync button and see that it's done. Since doing this I've had fewer mishaps requiring me to dive into older versions.

Cheers,

So, I don't think my issue is any worse than it used to be regarding syncing.

In the last couple days I've had the issue of amending a note on an offline device, then not syncing before I make amendments on another device, plus an instance where I've got a note open in it's own window and then in the EN main window - not realising I've updated them individually. This caused an issue with versions - although I was prompting warned there's an issue it would have been most helpful if it highlighted the differences. That's a future request though.

It worked fine as it is - it just took me longer than usual to find the Note Info, as you can only get to it via the "..."

Cheers,

1 hour ago, Alcafs said:

it just took me longer than usual to find the Note Info, as you can only get to it via the "..."

I find ctrl-shift-I really useful to get to the note info window and it works if the focus is on the note in the note list or if you are actually editing the note.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Mike P said:

I find ctrl-shift-I really useful to get to the note info window and it works if the focus is on the note in the note list or if you are actually editing the note.

Thanks Mike

On 10/19/2020 at 3:58 PM, vogelap said:

That's a terrible idea. Sometimes I don't want my notes to automatically sync... I hope they bring it back...

I agree it is a terrible mistake to have removed this button/feature. Has anyone figured out a work-around, a way to manually sync the desktop version of EN? At least on the mobile app, you can drag down the list of your notes to initiate an immediate, automatic "save." Is there any way to do this on the desktop version (I'm working on a Mac).