[Recommended Workaround] Stacks containing a dot "." missing from left nav

Go to solution Solved by Everluke,

• Level 5

@Rfl Thank you for reaching out!

To clarify, the Notebooks are missing fro the left side navigation menu correct?

If you tap on "Notebooks" and go to the Notebook kingdom, are they also all missing from there as well?

Let me know as this will better enable me to determine how best to proceed!

I have same issue. Some notebooks show in the navigation menu but there’s a blank space where others should be. Notebooks are listed in offline area and I can create a new one. But if I move it to a stack that doesn’t show it disappears.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 7:36 PM, Shane D. said:

To clarify, the Notebooks are missing fro the left side navigation menu correct?

If you tap on "Notebooks" and go to the Notebook kingdom, are they also all missing from there as well?

Yes. All of my notebooks are missing. 
However, I can see them all on the web version. 
Plus, in the app all the notes are correctly related to their notebooks. 
Practically, it means that I can’t use the app right now. 
Thanks for your help

BAF2E9C8-3C09-45BB-BC90-86A869E70C1A.thumb.png.372eea96b5ac037cf2037ef547bdd71d.png62E739AC-B292-4916-B4DF-73C7ADA6CDE5.thumb.jpeg.f41fcb445cfc10a04f29ad53f055b96f.jpeg
Anything I can do to fix it?

5 hours ago, Rfl said:

Yes. All of my notebooks are missing. 
However, I can see them all on the web version. 
Plus, in the app all the notes are correctly related to their notebooks. 
Practically, it means that I can’t use the app right now. 
Thanks for your help

BAF2E9C8-3C09-45BB-BC90-86A869E70C1A.thumb.png.372eea96b5ac037cf2037ef547bdd71d.png62E739AC-B292-4916-B4DF-73C7ADA6CDE5.thumb.jpeg.f41fcb445cfc10a04f29ad53f055b96f.jpeg
Anything I can do to fix it?

Is the notebook part of a stack in which the stack has a symbol/punctuation in it? If so rename the stack only using numbers and letters. That worked for me.

I have this problem....I have a Cooking Stack (no periods) -- on my machine all the recipes are there but just in one big glob..no NOtebooks...I checked the online version before I downloaded and the Notebooks were there as the previous user reports..What can I do ..all my Financials are messed up ..again no Notebooks in the Financial Stack

40 minutes ago, OldRuth said:

I have this problem....I have a Cooking Stack (no periods) -- on my machine all the recipes are there but just in one big glob..no NOtebooks...I checked the online version before I downloaded and the Notebooks were there as the previous user reports..What can I do ..all my Financials are messed up ..again no Notebooks in the Financial Stack

Have you tried moving one of the notebooks out of the stack? Check to see whether it appears then ... If it does, perhaps create a new stack.

On 10/8/2020 at 5:50 PM, Everluke said:

I have same issue. Some notebooks show in the navigation menu but there’s a blank space where others should be. Notebooks are listed in offline area and I can create a new one. But if I move it to a stack that doesn’t show it disappears.

There are no notebooks to move..no problem if I log into Evernote.com

• 2 weeks later...
在 2020/10/4 在 PM5點36分, Shane D.說:

Yes, that is exactly what happened to me, is this a common problem with the new update?

• 2 weeks later...

same here. very strange that the note books will showed after installed on ios both phone and ipad. but after few use (around 3-10 operation, the note books will disappeared on the left hand side. it will show again after reinstalled and disappeared again 

Device: iPad Pro iOS 14.1, Evernote 10.1

English below
Die Navigationsleiste zeigt nicht alle Notizbuchstapel. In der Ansicht "alle Notizbücher" werden sie jedoch angezeigt.

Stacks have disappeared from the left hand side menu. The stacks do still appear in the All Notebooks listing.

left hand side menu: two stacks are missing
image.thumb.png.1acae643650867f540c74479cb7cbd78.png

All Notebooks listing: Alle Stacks are visible
image.thumb.png.59d1b40a088076f83a573f6b61efdaf9.png

• Shane D. changed the title to Stacks containing a dot "." missing from left nav
  • Level 5

Hi All,

I wanted to let you know that this is a known issue, and I've modified the title of this thread to better reflect it.

As @Everluke outlined, if you remove the '.'/period from the stack, it should then appear as it should.

I'll follow-up here once I have an update.

• Shane D. changed the title to [Recommended Workaround] Stacks containing a dot "." missing from left nav
  • Shane D. pinned and featured this topic