how to opt out - offline notebooks?

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

O.K. folks so far we are having this ever-lasting discussion about offline-notebook and downloading times, which hopefully find a satisfactory result soon:

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/717-evernote-for-ios-issues-versions-100-and-above/

But how ist it vice versa?

May be I'm a little bit blind - but I can't find a way to opt out dowloaded notebooks or content and to free memory this way ...
Is this option / function missing?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, HeBoIz said:

O.K. folks so far we are having this ever-lasting discussion about offline-notebook and downloading times, which hopefully find a satisfactory result soon:

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/717-evernote-for-ios-issues-versions-100-and-above/

But how ist it vice versa?

May be I'm a little bit blind - but I can't find a way to opt out dowloaded notebooks or content and to free memory this way ...
Is this option / function missing?

Default is no off line notebooks.  You have to opt in.  Deselect any previously selected notebooks to return to “opt out”. 

• Level 5

When you opt out, you will be asked whether to keep data already downloaded or not.

Choose not to keep them.

Let the app do what it does. When done (all notebooks show offline) close the app, and restart the i-device. This usually cleans out memory.

When you switched on again, you can go to settings, general, iPhone/iPad memory. When opened, it calculates the amount of space used by each app. Usually, when you deleted offline content, it will first still show (several GB ?), but after recalculation, it should be gone.

There will be a rest of data in the EN app, which is related to metadata and previews that will always be downloaded. These are probably a few hundred MB, or less.

31 minutes ago, CalS said:

Default is no off line notebooks.  You have to opt in.  Deselect any previously selected notebooks to return to “opt out”. 

...this used to be the solution befor version 10.0.#.

But in version 10.0.# I can't see a an option to deselect or “opt out” a previously selected notebook.
This just looks like attached (in German) ... 

There is no checkbox and nothing happens, at least when I try to click at the outfaded text..

Datei 02.10.20, 14 46 56.jpeg

• Level 5
  • Solution

Go to the app.

Notebook view (side panel) - click on the little wheel to the right of your name.

Select notebooks: There is the second option, Offline-Notebooks. Choose it.

You have 3 options: Do not download (this is checked by default), Load all, load selected.

Behind load selected there is a list of notebooks, with a slider beside each. If it is green, the notebook is selected for offline downloads. Unselect it. A pop up box will ask whether to keep the already downloaded data. Say no. For the rest see my posting above. Switching from "select all" to "Do not download" does the same, for all downloaded content. From my experience with downloading, I would prefer the notebook by notebook method.

P.S. The pics you posted do not show on my Mac, EN client. Reloading doesn't help.

O.K.- found it...

The option to opt out downloaded notebooks now is only to find (rather hidden) in the additional menu für notebook-preferences.

In version 8.x this used to be found easier as an option at each separate downloaded notebook...

[don't know why my uploaded pic didn't show, replaced with attachement ]