Wrong number of notes displayed

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Hi I've never had this happen before but now I'm having trouble syncing.

On my Mac it shows that I have 10,475 notes when I view all notes but

On my iPhone Evernote 10.0.2 it shows that I only have 10,458 notes when I view all notes.

+ yesterday when I scanned an important document on my iPhone in evernote "Scan a document" it never synced at all. (Car Insurance).

So I deleted Evernote iOS off my iPhone but the problem persists when I re-load it, there's this large discrepancy between the note numbers.

Any ideas please anyone as to what's wrong?

Thank you.

• Level 5
  • Solution

First the Mac has its own data base. The iOS client always draws from the server. So to check on this open EN in the web client, and check how many notes are counted there. If it is the same number as on the I-device, this relation is o.k.

Second it may be that the Mac is off. Then you can hold down the opt/alt key before clicking on „Help“. Below the usual menu items, there will be an item with a sub menu with advanced data base functions. You can use them to have the data base analysed and errors sorted out. You can as well force a sync of the Mac with the server data base by holding down the opt/alt and shift key before clicking on the sync wheel.

Third I had a discrepancy in my note count on iOS. I then found out that it was a notebook shared to me by my wife. It had not synced after upgrading to EN 10. I went to the work Chat and activated this share again. Then it synced, and the note count got corrected.

My Mac and my iOS clients on iPhone and iPad now show exactly the same number of notes.

Dear PinkElephant,

That appeared to be what the problem was thank you, I didn't know the two shared note folders, Ron's Evernote Tips (10) and Evernote Users (7) weren't on my iPhone so when the single sync problem occurred with that one file I looked for other problems as well and saw the discrepancy in note count and worried that there was much more wrong. As you said this was in fact these two notebooks added together on my iMac (17) accounted for the difference in the note count exactly. (17) so that's great and thank you for the other tips about the opt/alt key before help & the opt/alt and shift key before clicking on the sync wheel.

Much appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Bsoan said:

I didn't know the two shared note folders, Ron's Evernote Tips (10) and Evernote Users (7) weren't on my iPhone

All sync'd notebooks appear on your devices; including shared notebooks   
The note count includes shared notebooks    
My iPad note count matches the Web count

Macs, have the option for Local Notebooks     
These notes do not appear on the web or other devices