Search within Date Range

Frank Hirschhausen

Idea

On my Mail Client i use the Filter Function to group Mails to find recent Mails Quicker. Tags and Notebooks are the big Picture, but my Evernote fills up very quick and sometimes its hard to get back to a newer Note which hasn't found its Way to get tagged or booked yet ;)

As Evernote saves creation Dates (probably changes Dates) of Notes, it would be great to have a Search Tool that creates Ranges like "today", "this Week", "last two Weeks", "this Month" and so on. Then going on with further searching within the given Range. (please let me know if this is already possible by entering a Strange Code to the search field ;) )

Breaking up the whole Bunch into smaller Ranges makes it much easier to organize newly arrived Notes

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Frank Hirschhausen said:

Search Tool that creates Ranges like "today", "this Week", "last two Weeks"q, "this Month" and so on. Then going on with further searching within the given Range. (please let me know if this is already possible by entering a Strange Code to the search field ;) )

Nothing in Evernote's search feature
I could generate the date values using scripting (Mac Applescript)

Edit;  
As per @CalS, shortcuts to saved searches will give you  "today", "this Week", "last two Weeks"

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Frank Hirschhausen said:

On my Mail Client i use the Filter Function to group Mails to find recent Mails Quicker. Tags and Notebooks are the big Picture, but my Evernote fills up very quick and sometimes its hard to get back to a newer Note which hasn't found its Way to get tagged or booked yet ;)

As Evernote saves creation Dates (probably changes Dates) of Notes, it would be great to have a Search Tool that creates Ranges like "today", "this Week", "last two Weeks", "this Month" and so on. Then going on with further searching within the given Range. (please let me know if this is already possible by entering a Strange Code to the search field ;) )

Breaking up the whole Bunch into smaller Ranges makes it much easier to organize newly arrived Notes

Today is created:day

This week is created day-7

This month is created:20200901

And any other derivatives that you want.  Any of these can be made a saved search and added to shortcuts if you like.  Also an easy way to find un-tagged notes is to search for -tag:*.

• Like 2