"lost handwriting found" - recovering does nothing

I like the idea of this recovery system... BUT....  in the slew of other v10.0 bugs, tapping "Recover it" and then DONE on the recovered sketch does absolutely nothing (no recovery note created)  and then the next time you open sketch  it pops up again asking the same thing. 

Again.. great idea... but did someone forget to add the code to actually complete the recovery operation?  Tried saving this screen shot to Evernote via sharesheet and of course continue to get "Error syncing note due to an error during file upload".   Sigh. 

768336383_Screenshot2020-09-20at10_55_31.thumb.png.0d92ffeefb6b964bf49dc9030c7a72bd.png

• Haha 1
  • Level 5*
3 minutes ago, ej8899 said:

I like the idea of this recovery system... BUT....  in the slew of other v10.0 bugs, tapping "Recover it" and then DONE on the recovered sketch does absolutely nothing (no recovery note created)  and then the next time you open sketch  it pops up again asking the same thing. 

Just tested, and Recover worked for me     
I was starting a new note so it wasn't valid, but it did recover sketching from a previous note

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Just tested, and Recover worked for me     
I was starting a new note so it wasn't valid, but it did recover sketching from a previous note

Did you get a new note with the recovered sketch?   I'm seeing some 'mixed results' with the system upon further testing.  Currently, I'm at  6 different 'tries' and I've had 4 times with issue I've reported in my original post... 1 time where it 'saved' but no note was saved (and the image cleared for next time - therefore lost) and finally 1 time where it worked 'as expected' and when I tapped done on the recovered sketch the recovered image did save and clear this "lost handwriting" alert.     I'll continue some testing to see if there is some solid ways to replicate any of the occurrences. 

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem.  Created a new note on iPad (latest app version).  Saved a few times.  Then next time I opened the app it offered me the “Lost Handwriting” options.  I recover but and the text reappears but click “done” and it just sits in “saving” and never saves.  

675BB3A0-CA5A-406C-9BFB-D5AFB64F910F.png

• 1 year later...

Same thing here. You need to close the sketch/handwriting properly in order to save it (using an iPad), but again, your work disappears in thin air (recover does not work). Major annoyance trying to get work done. For now I will use the iPads Note app, until Evernote figures out how to solve this. Needless to say that I am not happy camper about this.

Cheers!

Hm that is the problem; this has happened before and for some reason the "Done" button was not registered. Case closed for support. Too much emphasis on how EN looks and not how it should work.

I have no time for this at the moment; alternative to iNote is CollaNote.

Cheers,

• Level 5

Whatever - for such an issue we can offer sympathy, but beside the hint to support no solution.

No need to mention I never experienced something similar, and there are not many posts in this thread. It does not seem to be a frequent problem.