Revisiting Code Syntax Highlighting

Hey Gang,

Does anyone think code syntax highlighting will be a thing in the upcoming series of changes/releases? I imagine it's not an easy lift, nor would it be high up on the list as far as priorities for the dev team, though it's been an often-requested feature over the years.

If I remember correctly, it was actually a thing for a short time, then it was just gone. Maybe having it in place was breaking other things at the time?

Anyway, just curious what you all think.

Thanks!

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, friz said:

Does anyone think code syntax highlighting will be a thing in the upcoming series of changes/releases?

I don't think code syntax is a priority
Using Evernote as a code repository is a niche use case

There is a request posted at the note linked below
To indicate support, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

ef

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I don't think code syntax is a priority
Using Evernote as a code repository is a niche use case

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I figured. I've been attaching files created in Typora to notes in EN, and the fact that EN can search inside them is awesome; just would be cool to be able to view that data, highlighted, on the actual EN note.

Again, it's probably not an easy thing to do from a dev standpoint, but at the same time, I wonder how difficult it would be since (I believe) many tools that have syntax highlighting are pulling in a library/framework and not building the feature organically.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, friz said:

just would be cool to be able to view that data, highlighted, on the actual EN note.

I use Typora too - and get around the visual issue by adding the content to the note as plain text (or an image in some cases),  as well as the .MD file.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, gazumped said:

I use Typora too - and get around the visual issue by adding the content to the note as plain text (or an image in some cases),  as well as the .MD file.

I like that idea very much! Thank you @gazumped!

• Like 1