Android phone from India replaced my iPhone yesterday.

• Level 5*
On 9/2/2020 at 8:21 AM, Maydaynp@aol.com said:

my account was hacked

Hacked???    
Or was your userid/password used   
- change your password, and only use it for Evernote

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you've not already done so,  I suggest you change your password and set up 2-factor ID on your account to prevent any further access.  Evernote,  as you have found,  is not an ideal place to store this sort of information unless the notes are at least encrypted. You might consider a password manager like BitWarden or LastPass.  Your bank should be able to help you change their access details too so that they remain secure.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Yes, plus another piece of advise: After you got your Password manager, change ALL your account passwords in the internet.

Start with your e-Mail accounts, because the are used to reset passwords. If somebody gets control here, your identity can get stolen. Activate 2FA on your mail accounts.

From there, work your way down the list, starting with everything related to money: Banks, PayPal, Amazon, EBay, insurances etc.

Take all sensitive stuff like passwords out of EN. It is no place to store that information.

• Level 5

P.S. And change your forum name if this is your real mail address. Everybody can come here, pick it up, send you spam or use it for other critical stuff.

If you did the same in other open services like a user forum, do the same. If you get a lot of unwanted mail, I would regard the mail address as „burned“ - then better get a new one.

• Like 1