Web Clipper Question

• Level 5*
On 6/28/2020 at 9:12 AM, ericnote said:

Does the web clipper save the page "as is" in perpetuity? Or does it save a cached version that would update if the original URL is updated at all?

"as is - in perpetuity"
There is no update

It's actually an Evernote feature
The web page html is downloaded, along with any images

• Level 5*
On 6/28/2020 at 11:12 AM, ericnote said:

Hi,

Does the web clipper save the page "as is" in perpetuity? Or does it save a cached version that would update if the original URL is updated at all?

The page or whatever portion is saved as it is at the time of clipping, to perpetuity I suppose if you never delete the note.  That note is NOT refreshed if the source web page changes.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, ericnote said:

@DTLow @CalS Thank you. I'm on the new web version which I really like, however the desktop version displays little blue ?'s where html buttons would otherwise be. Is the web version's web clip preview different from desktop?

Web clipper is the same.  Really doesn’t make a difference what EN client you are using.

Relative to the little blue x’s can you share a screen shot?

• Like 1

yes...here this is normally where a big blue button would be:

the second image says "web clip" in upper left of the box in the note but the first one says "html content" wonder if that's why and how that happend

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 3.07.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 3.07.14 PM.png

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, ericnote said:

yes...here this is normally where a big blue button would be:

the second image says "web clip" in upper left of the box in the note but the first one says "html content" wonder if that's why and how that happend

Is the clip from the original web page or from the note as it ended up in EN?

2 hours ago, CalS said:

Is the clip from the original web page or from the note as it ended up in EN?

I clipped it from the Chrome web extension.

The screenshots are both from different notes in Evernote (I clipped it twice to test)

• Level 5*

Okay.  Not sure, but sometimes the coding of links on a page don't make it to EN so the select buttons don't appear.  It looks like a payment page so maybe the author added some sort of block???  Have you tried clicking on the ? mark or right clicking to see if there is an embedded address?  Is it happening with all sites or just the one pictured above?

Seems like ones that have a ton of code and tracking and such....I like clipping these for landing page inspiration though printing as pdf in safari renders it perfectly I could just do that, compress and upload to the note.

• Level 5*
Just now, ericnote said:

Seems like ones that have a ton of code and tracking and such....I like clipping these for landing page inspiration though printing as pdf in safari renders it perfectly I could just do that, compress and upload to the note.

Cool, whatever works best for you.