Insert Note Created Date

Is it possible insert a note's Created Date?

I BCC emails to my Inbox and it doesn't bring the header with it so I can't easily see when the email was sent. I know I can check the note's info to see Created Date/Time, but I'd like a way to easily insert into the note.

If there is a better way to do this, I am definitely open to suggestions.

spacer.png

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, jkitsmiller said:

I'd like a way to easily insert into the note.

Which device platform do you use?

My standard for note title is:    subject-date note-type [description] keywords
I use a Mac and applescript to insert the date into the note title   
There's also keyboard shortcuts

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, jkitsmiller said:

Is it possible insert a note's Created Date?

I BCC emails to my Inbox and it doesn't bring the header with it so I can't easily see when the email was sent. I know I can check the note's info to see Created Date/Time, but I'd like a way to easily insert into the note.

If there is a better way to do this, I am definitely open to suggestions.

spacer.png

Are you okay to add the created date before you send it?  There are some things you can do with a text expander in that case.  If not, you can use a text expander to add the created date, but that would be a note by note process. 

I like having the header included in the note so I go to sent mail and forward to EN any emails I would otherwise BCC.  A bit of a PITA with the extra step but I don't have that many BCC needs.  FWIW.

On 6/19/2020 at 6:35 PM, DTLow said:

Which device platform do you use?

My standard for note title is:    subject-date note-type [description] keywords
I use a Mac and applescript to insert the date into the note title   
There's also keyboard shortcuts

I am using Windows and Outlook.

How do you change the syntax for the standard note title? When I forward/send/cc/bcc an email from Outlook to EN, by default it is using the Email Subject.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, jkitsmiller said:

How do you change the syntax for the standard note title? When I forward/send/cc/bcc an email from Outlook to EN, by default it is using the Email Subject.

My emails are imported to my default notebook (@Inbox)   
In subsequent processing, I update the title, assign notebook/tags etc   
As I posted, I use a script to assist with this (Mac Applescript)

On 6/19/2020 at 7:39 PM, CalS said:

I like having the header included in the note so I go to sent mail and forward to EN any emails I would otherwise BCC.  A bit of a PITA with the extra step but I don't have that many BCC needs.  FWIW.

Same here—that email header often contains important context that I want later. I'm always a fan of reducing steps/clicks, but taking the extra step to forward the sent message rather than BCC is worth it for me. Plus, that gives me a chance to customize the subject if needed and at the notebook/tags if I'm on top of my game.