Helper not working on new Mac Airbook

I have a new Airbook running the latest Catalina.  All programs and files were Migrated from a working Macbook Pro.

My Notes seem to be intact.  When I try to "clip" a page or article with Helper (the Evernote icon in the menu bar) in only clips my desktop photo, not even the icons on my desktop.

How can this be fixed?

I cant determine how to file an online support "ticket" with Evernote. Can't find any place of the "Submit a request" page to actually send them something!

Thank you.

Bob

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Idahobob said:

All programs and files were Migrated from a working Macbook Pro.

You might try deleting the Evernote app and reinstalling (not migrating)

>>I cant determine how to file an online support "ticket" with Evernote. Can't find any place of the "Submit a request" page to actually send them something!

Twitter @evernotehelps

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, Idahobob said:

To be honest, I'm afraid to remove Evernote.  At least I have my Notes.

The master version of our notes is stored on the Evernote server (except for Local Notebooks and unsync'd notes)   
The data is not impacted by removing/installing on devices

Of course, thanks!! When I download a new Basic version, do you know if they will give me an opportunity to sign into my existing account and then resync everything?

Again, thanks!!

Bob

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Idahobob said:

When I download a new Basic version, do you know if they will give me an opportunity to sign into my existing account and then resync everything?

Yes, that's the way it works   
btw  The software is the same for all accounts   
         It's when uou login that your account level is identified

OK, I trashed the original Evernote.  Went to Evernote.com to download a new version of it but it wants me to give a new email/password or sign in.  So I signed it and it takes me to my online notes.  Cannot find a way to download the program.  Any ideas?

Bob

3 hours ago, Idahobob said:

I have a new Airbook running the latest Catalina.  All programs and files were Migrated from a working Macbook Pro.

My Notes seem to be intact.  When I try to "clip" a page or article with Helper (the Evernote icon in the menu bar) in only clips my desktop photo, not even the icons on my desktop.

How can this be fixed?

I cant determine how to file an online support "ticket" with Evernote. Can't find any place of the "Submit a request" page to actually send them something!

Thank you.

Update: I removed Evernote from my Air and downloaded a new copy.  I also downloaded WebClipper.  After some difficulty logging into my old account with the new download I am back to where I started from.  Helper only clips my Desktop photo.  We clipper works ok, just not as convenient as Helper.  And yes, I did reboot my new Computer.

Sure could use some help on Helper!!

Thanks in advance!!

Bob

Bob

• Level 5*
28 minutes ago, Idahobob said:

Helper only clips my Desktop photo. We clipper works ok, just not as convenient as Helper. 

I should have addressed this at the beginning
You may have an incorrect idea about this utility1966015632_ScreenShot2020-06-16at4_55_33PM.png.7e92b03eab2478437cd21f133d633711.png

Evernote Helper is used to
- type a quick note
- clip the full screen
- clip a section of the screen
- record audio

I've been using Evernote and Helper for several years.  And after installing on the new Airbook, it does not clip as it should, at least compared to the way it works on my MacBookPro.  It seems to "see" on my Desktop and not any windows that are open on top of the desktop.  It works fine on my MBP clipping open windows.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Idahobob said:

It seems to "see" on my Desktop and not any windows that are open on top of the desktop.

Could be Apple Privacy settings
                                 709747882_ScreenShot2020-06-16at10_10_05PM.png.4d678fb33c31e5b8f44a3eb73b525e2d.png