Inserting Screenshot extremly slow since new web-version

Hi,

I frequently insert images via copy+paste into Evernote Web, which worked fine till now. Since the last update, I noticed very slow loading and processing times.

Without having this exactly measured I suspect an increase from 1 second to at least 10-15 seconds, which makes it hard to use it like I did in the past (taking screen shots during meetings and making notes). It there a way to fix it?

Specificalyl I noticed an additional notification step which was previously not there, here is the screenshot (Translation from German: Please be patient, file is attached...)d

grafik.png.3305a3d1c84abe1e02bd9db8b0568291.png

Afterwards the rotating green cycle appears again, now without the text. In the previous version, the first step did not exist, only the second one (green rotating cycle without text).

Hope I could clarify.

BTW, not sure if this is the right place to note those bugs, maybe there is a more appropriate way to report them, then it would be helpful to give me a hint.

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  Whchever version of the web client you are using,  there will be another option in Settings (click your account icon on the web page) to switch to another version - the 'classic' UI,  or the latest beta version.  You could try that for a while...

On 6/12/2020 at 4:24 PM, ghon said:

BTW, not sure if this is the right place to note those bugs

Technical issues / web client seems good to me.  Although as a subscriber you could also use the Support link to submit a bug report.

• Level 5

Also, what browser are you using? Is it possible to try it in a different browser? In Opera, I find that I do get the spinning circle with the same message (in English); but the image is pasted in less than 5 seconds. However, when I go to the older version of the Web client, I can't paste the image at all!

I use Firefox, but just downloaded and tried Opera portable, same behaviour. You are right, the old Evernote version does not allow for image pasting. However, the previous "new" version did that well and the image pasting was faster because the "first" message did not appear, only the "second" circle.

I agree that the image pasting speed depends on the operating environment, I do this from my company account via VPN within the firewall and this might make everything slower.

Pasting of an image/screenhot into a word document is at the speed of light compared to Evernote.

By the way, I noticed the following maybe related bug which is easily reproducable:

1. Open a Word document and write some text and paste into it an image or screenshot
2. Select all contents by Cntrl + A and copy this into clipboard (cntrl +C)
3. Paste the total into an Evernote note
The result: Text is copied just fine. The image however does not appear. Instead, the "green circle" is shown forever, no image will occur.

• Level 5
20 hours ago, ghon said:

By the way, I noticed the following maybe related bug which is easily reproducable:

1. Open a Word document and write some text and paste into it an image or screenshot
2. Select all contents by Cntrl + A and copy this into clipboard (cntrl +C)
3. Paste the total into an Evernote note
The result: Text is copied just fine. The image however does not appear. Instead, the "green circle" is shown forever, no image will occur.

Yes, I get the same result, except that I get a small blue box and blue circle at the bottom of the pasted material. Very odd.

• 4 months later...
On 6/16/2020 at 12:22 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Yes, I get the same result, except that I get a small blue box and blue circle at the bottom of the pasted material. Very odd.

I can confirm that I get this behavior as well. 
I can get around it by individually selecting an image, copy/paste. But when I select text and an image, copy/paste, the text pastes ok, but I get the infinite loading circle.

image.png.16f0eae3d100503869e845510bda501c.png