Hola... Hace 9 años que soy usuario Premium de Evernote.

En una de las actualizaciones, hace un par de años, sacaron la opción Home Screen, EXTREMADAMENTE ÚTIL para mí.

Al actualizar la app y al no contar con esa función, la búsqueda de notas se me hizo MUCHO MÁS ENGORROSA.

Con Home Screen, podía ver TODAS las opciones: Notes, Notebooks, Shortcuts, Tags, Workchat y Places.

Pedí, INFRUCTUOSAMENTE, que retornara esa función.

Evernote NUNCA respondió NADA acerca de por qué había suprimido esa función. Me comuniqué varias veces y NUNCA dieron ningún motivo por el cuál hayan suprimido esa función. Y en los foros, pude averiguar que la justificación de esa supresión, es que eliminaba la necesidad de “pasos” para encontrar una nota, lo que, CLARAMENTE, es FALSO, ya que con la nueva interfaz (SIN HOME SCREEN o, siquiera, una OPCIÓN para tener Home Screen), se requieren MÁS PASOS QUE ANTES para encontrar una nota.

¿Cuál fue la “solución” que encontré? 

Retornar a la última y vieja versión de Evernote... La versión “verde”, con Home Screen.

Ahora sólo tengo un problema, con esta versión (que nunca antes había aparecido) y NO QUIERO actualizarla, ya que he leído ABUNDANTEMENTE sobre la PÉRDIDA DE NOTAS y LA PÉRDIDA DE PARTE del contenido de la notas (cosa que a mí, con la “vieja” versión de Evernote, NUNCA me ha sucedido).

El problema es que, al intentar compartir (Share), puedo hacerlo. Pero, luego de compartir algo, al retornar a la app, ésta queda “freezada” y, para “desfreezarla” (por decirlo de alguna manera), debo SÍ O SÍ salir de la app.

Es, claramente, un problema.

Supongo que este problema, quizás, pueda deberse a que, accidentalmente, actualicé la app e INMEDIATAMENTE, al darme cuenta, CANCELÉ la actualización (para no sufrir el “nuevo” Evernote sin Home Screen y con pérdida de notas). AFORTUNADAMENTE, no se actualizó la app, por lo que conservo las “viejas” funciones y aspecto que tanto AMO de Evernote.

Entonces, un problema: el “freezado” de la app LUEGO de compartir algo y al retornar a la app.

Y una solicitud: que exista una opción de VISUALIZACIÓN al abrir Evernote, en una futura actualización, para que podamos optar por Home Screen y ver TODAS LAS OPCIONES al abrir la app.

Me gustaría, al menos, una respuesta del equipo de Evernote acerca de estas inquietudes mías.

Les mando un saludo.

Hernán.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, hernanballesteros said:

...With Home Screen, you could see ALL the options: Notes, Notebooks, Shortcuts, Tags, Workchat and Places....
(WITHOUT HOME SCREEN or, even, OPTION to have Home Screen), MORE STEPS are required to find a note...
--- translated by Google ---

It might be clearer if you post a screenshotIMG_3603.thumb.jpeg.8e3d911ae2a572805280d3ff78f6bf21.jpeg
With the current home screen, I have all the access tools I need

Con esta interfaz “vieja”, veo TODO COMPLETO y también puedo ver el CONTENIDO PRINCIPAL (las últimas notas) de cada sección.

De la forma en que yo lo veo, en la “nueva” versión, sólo tengo un ícono (no sé el contenido de esa sección).

Por lo demás, más allá de la explicación que encontré en los foros sobre los cambios, ¿hay alguna razón SÓLIDA por la cuál no se pueda AGREGAR esta interfaz “vieja” -sólo como una opción- para elegir EL MODO en el que VEMOS nuestro contenido en un celular?

Por default, puede existir esa opción que mostrás allí. Y como OPCIÓN, la que yo muestro en la imagen que adjunto... 

¿Cuál es la complejidad técnica de que, en una nueva versión, existan DOS opciones (una por default -la nueva- y otra como OPCIÓN -la “vintage”-)?

98894A5B-DA26-49C3-9C83-F85611EE2883.png

• Level 5

Sorry, but my Spanish is o.k. to read, but not to give a sound technical answer. It is good enough to order „Mas una cerveca, p.f.“:

Every user interface has it’s pros and cons. Each design decision will serve one workflow better, and will have a negative impact on others. Part of the user interface is depending on the operating system in which the app is running. You can see this currently with the new features of iOS 13 (for example open the same app 2 times, side by side - still not reflected in EN) and iOS 13.4 on an iPad (mouse & trackpad-support, which is very valuable when editing).

It is difficult enough to keep an app current with the yearly OS modifications. EN is lagging on this, plus still needs to sort out Bugs like the hard closing of notes and the app when switching to another app. I think supporting 2 or more wildly different user interfaces makes no sense, not because engineering resources are limited, and not because it would drive complexity without really generating that much added value.

The app design is like life: Sometimes things need to change, if you want it or not. Without change there would be no development. I use the mobile app for the quick access, and the Mac or Windows client for the serious housekeeping work. I think the current user interface of the iOS app In itself is not a core issue for most users.

hace 1 hora, PinkElephant dijo:

Sorry, but my Spanish is o.k. to read, but not to give a sound technical answer. It is good enough to order „Mas una cerveca, p.f.“:

Every user interface has it’s pros and cons. Each design decision will serve one workflow better, and will have a negative impact on others. Part of the user interface is depending on the operating system in which the app is running. You can see this currently with the new features of iOS 13 (for example open the same app 2 times, side by side - still not reflected in EN) and iOS 13.4 on an iPad (mouse & trackpad-support, which is very valuable when editing).

It is difficult enough to keep an app current with the yearly OS modifications. EN is lagging on this, plus still needs to sort out Bugs like the hard closing of notes and the app when switching to another app. I think supporting 2 or more wildly different user interfaces makes no sense, not because engineering resources are limited, and not because it would drive complexity without really generating that much added value.

The app design is like life: Sometimes things need to change, if you want it or not. Without change there would be no development. I use the mobile app for the quick access, and the Mac or Windows client for the serious housekeeping work. I think the current user interface of the iOS app In itself is not a core issue for most users.

That’s OK for me ... I get it.

First, I am going to translate what I said in my response to your first comment in Spanish, but in English.

Here goes:

"With this“ old ”interface, I see EVERYTHING COMPLETE and I can also see the MAIN CONTENT (the last notes) of each section.

The way I see it, in the "new" version, I only have one icon (I don't know the content of that section).

For the rest, beyond the explanation I found in the forums about the changes, is there a SOLID reason why this “old” interface cannot be ADDED -just as an option- to choose THE MODE in which we SEE our contained in a cell phone?

By default, there may be that option that you show there. And as an OPTION, the one that I show in the image that I attach ...

What is the technical complexity so that, in a new version, there are TWO options (one by default -the new- and the other as OPTION -the “vintage” -)? "

Then, I am going to tell you what I think about what you propose.

I understand everything you wrote and it seems reasonable to me, but nevertheless I write this because I am an Evernote user (like many other Evernote users), who LOVES this application and finds it EXTREMELY USEFUL.

My FUNDAMENTAL objection and that leads me not to update the application, is regarding the HUGE amount of comments that I have read about the loss of notes and the content of the notes.

Then, of course, there is the problem that, in my view, is also decisive, and has to do with the use of the NEW user interface: it is less friendly, since you MUST DO MORE STEPS to find a note. And this does not happen, I believe, with the "old" user interface.

Finally and not least, for me (although almost no one sees it this way) it is the AESTHETIC BEAUTY of the old user interface.

Of course, I understand what you say, without a doubt. Despite this, I ask you again and again, is it very complex (despite all the reasonable explanations you have given me) to put this "vintage" user interface option in a new Evernote update?

I send you a greeting and I hope that this option may ever exist in Evernote and that there are no more problems regarding the loss of notes and their contents.

THANKS A LOT!

• Thanks 2
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.