evernote premium: document search popup a nuisance

Paul Excabaa

Idea

Dear Sir, can we pls disable this popup?  It is unnecessarily affecting productivity of Evernote Windows user.  Worst still, sometimes it give me the wrong impression that the client has hanged especially when this popup is hidden by other windows which happens sometimes.
One popup is enough, it doesn't help to popup every time when a Microsoft Office doc is dragged onto the Evernote Note.  I will upgrade to Premium when I am ready to upgrade to it.
Pls don't cripple a good product by this nagware popup.  

evernote premium popup.jpg

19 replies to this idea

Please help me in getting rid of this popup. Multiple pop ups come up every second while using the app. I regret my decision of having chosen Evernote but currently all my data is here, so can't switch. Please check the attachment 

image.png

• Level 5*

Hi. As a subscriber you can raise this with Support who might be able to help. Evernote Marketing Department has a reputation all its own but they should draw the line at too frequent a pop-up. Have you tried logging out of Evernote and back in? Check for recent updates? Explored Import Folders for your file inclusions?

• Level 5

It was not necessary for me, but setups are different. So maybe yes, it may be a browser dump that need clearing. Just give it a try and report back here.

Anyhow it should advertise the „Personal“ plan - Premium should not be on sale any more.

I experience the same issue on MacOS 12.3.1. Each time I paste an image, this pop-up window appears. If this is not an intended feature but rather a bug, could the developers fix this?

• Level 5

It is just a price you pay for not paying. Your accounts cost is practically booked against marketing expenses. They balance it by reminding you what you might be missing.

No need to discuss whether this is a fruitful endeavor …

You can only try to click on upgrade, and break it off on the next page. Sometimes it helps to silence the nudging.

Everything has a limit buddy. Just because I am not using a paid version, doesn't mean I would have to cancel a popup every single time. Makes the user experience disastrous. If ideally anything was missing, there are infinitely better ways to inform the customer. 

And yeah, clicking on upgrade doesn't help. 

• Like 1

@PinkElephant: I share @mohantyshyama's opinion. The reminder is extremely aggressive (up to the point where I genuinely thought it was just a bug in the code as I did not believe the developers would do this on purpose). And of course, one has to expect some kind of minor nuisance when using a free version of a service, these would typically be ads in other services, or an occasional pop-up. However, what Evernote did not only makes the app unusable, but on in a more ideological sense goes against the very essence of where Evernote tries to position itself - a tool which makes one's workflow efficient. So I have to disagree with you. It's not a "price I have to pay" for a free plan, as the free plan is now essentially non-existent.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

In fact I see your point, but as another user I can only share some experience on how to handle it. I have a secondary Free account and know what we are talking about.

The only dead sure way to stop it is to close your account - or upgrade. 

If you want to reach EN about it, use the feedback function build into the clients.