Calendar Feature

doson

Idea

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, dustov said:

it seems like it would be pretty easy for the Evernote people to implement.

Evernote are (they say) in process of completely re-coding all of their apps for all operating systems (See the Evernote Blog), but they don't preview details, so we'll probably have to wait until the new versions hit the streets to see what new features exist. 

3 hours ago, dustov said:

Anyway, I just thought I would ask if anyone had another tricks.

See this thread so far...  I use Google Calendar and link back to my Evernote notes for details.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, dustov said:

I do not see why this has not been implemented. 

I merged your post with an existing request discussion    
To indicate your support for this request, use the vote button at the top left corner

>>Anyway, I just thought I would ask if anyone had another tricks

I sync select notes to my calendar service (Apple Calendar)   1463213633_ScreenShot2020-06-24at7_15_22AM.png.e24fb66703bc03b0d69f5714a30a91d7.png
The calendar entry stores a link to the Evernote note  
There are third party products for the sync; I use scripting on my Mac

• Level 5*

I'm guessing you're asking for a calendar grid; annual, monthly, weekly, ...

I use the Apple Calendar service    602979954_ScreenShot2020-04-18at4_04_14PM.png.520a2db1a9709631c8a5475e9f57b430.png
and export note data using applescript on my Mac   
I use this for my daily journal notes; an entry is inserted with a link back to the Evernote note

I export my task note data to a spreadsheet for a gantt timeline view   
The due date is retrieved from the reminder metadata

• Confused 1
10 hours ago, DTLow said:

I'm guessing you're asking for a calendar grid; annual, monthly, weekly, ...

I use the Apple Calendar service    602979954_ScreenShot2020-04-18at4_04_14PM.png.520a2db1a9709631c8a5475e9f57b430.png
and export note data using applescript on my Mac   
I use this for my daily journal notes; an entry is inserted with a link back to the Evernote note

I export my task note data to a spreadsheet for a gantt timeline view   
The due date is retrieved from the reminder metadata

😬😬 I'm using only Android Phone. But is it possible to do/have all that features inside Evernote without any third party apps😬😬

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, doson said:

But is it possible to do/have all that features inside Evernote without any third party apps😬😬

No; Evernote provides a list of notes   
The list can only be filtered and sorted

fwiw  Some users maintain the calendar grid within a note.  There are templates 

• Thanks 1

I see my events on my Google Calendar using Cronofy. All reminders will show up on a designated calendar that you can toggle on and off. It syncs both ways so I can modify it on my Google Calendar and see the adjustment in Evernote. Works well for me to see my reminders in context with other events. Hope this helps.

@doson, is there a particular reason you want to have a calendar in EN?  I’ve tried to manually create them in the past AND have used the calendar template but at the end of the day, I just keep coming back to the fact that EN is not built to be a calendar.  

Id LOVE to be able to stay in the same app, but it always ends up taking me much longer In my workflow than just using google cal or Apple cal.

I do not see why this has not been implemented.  It is somewhat possible by selecting "Cared View" from the "View Options" on the right hand top corner of the screen and then from the "View" dropdown tab on the left side and checking "Note List" and unchecking "Note Panel"   A calendar view will appear, but without the usual Sunday - Monday or Monday thru Sunday layout the way you usually want.  I guess it is a minor annoyance that I can put up with, but it seems like it would be pretty easy for the Evernote people to implement.

I tried Tusk Calenders several years back but could never really get into it, and now it is discontinued.

I like to lay it out in Calendar view to see trends in my life.  I keep a journal/log.

Oh, and also I am using it in the PC based WebClipper and not online.

Anyway, I just thought I would ask if anyone had another tricks.

Thanks