Poor auto trimming of scanned pages by Scannable

I use a business template that has a title block on the top where I put subject, date, page number, etc.  A title block per say.  Every time I try to scan this 8-1/2 x 11 piece of paper Scannable does me a favor and trims off the entire top title block. I've tried to darken lines to make it see this as a full page and that used to work infrequently but now never works.

Any ability to control trimming?

I've attached a sample piece of paper. I covered the top right for privacy.  I have connected the boxes with a pen but that doesn't help.

paper.jpg

• Level 5

Personally on my iPhone I nowadays mostly use the integrated scanner of the EN app itself, not Scannable.

Create a note, or go into one, edit mode, then press the "+" above of the keyboard, and pick the camera. It will let you scan, cut the pages, and at the bottom you have a tool to correct it if mistaken.

However, the majority of scans on my iPhone I do using the App ScannerPro from readdle, because it is far superior with settings, edits and tools. It even does its own OCR, and sends scans with prebuilt workflows into EN, ready with notebook and standard tags depending on which workflow I choose.

If at home and have more than a page or two, I use the ix500 linked to my Mac, but this is playing in a different league alltogether.

Yes I have auto capture enabled.  It trims the top title block off every time.  The top 2".  I wish it would leave an image of the entire page.  Its a software bug.  Thank you for your response.

I've attached a camera shot of entire piece of paper and what Scannable gives me. 

Camera photo.jpg

Badly trimmed.jpg

Edited by GSBerwick
Adding photos
  • Level 5*
38 minutes ago, GSBerwick said:

Yes I have auto capture enabled.  It trims the top title block off every time.  The top 2".  I wish it would leave an image of the entire page.  Its a software bug.  Thank you for your response.

Weird.  A couple of things.  

1. Have you tried capturing upside down, as a workaround?
  2. i don’t use it often, but the Microsoft Office Lens app might do a better job in this use case.  In the App Store, info here

Upside down was a great idea.  It did not work, dang it. I'd already tried sideways. I just got my sharpie out and tied in the boxes with a thick black line and it still cuts that top title block off.  As this Scannable ties into Evernote I'd like to keep using Scannable.

• Level 5*
40 minutes ago, GSBerwick said:

Upside down was a great idea.  It did not work, dang it. I'd already tried sideways. I just got my sharpie out and tied in the boxes with a thick black line and it still cuts that top title block off.  As this Scannable ties into Evernote I'd like to keep using Scannable.

Yeah, I'm the same way relative to Scannable, prefer the integration with EN.  However in those instances where Scannable does not work right I find Lens to be a good alternative, particularly when it comes to squaring up the image.  And there's an Export to with a More apps option, so I can save the scan right to EN with about the same number of presses.  A kind of quick fix while waiting for EN to fix the issue.  FWIW.