Notebook(s) gone

I had a notebook set up, _New , to be clear there is an underbar then the word New. I used this to have the notebook be a the top of the list, and treated it as an 'unfiled' folder. Going through it every so often to keep, move, delete, etc. 

Today, that folder, and a couple others that started with underbar, were deleted. The notes all sitting in trash, and all show 10/27 delete date as well as the original folder being 'Forbes' not the _NEW folder. 

Not a rant, asking - Is that use of _XXX for folder name frowned upon?  I can't have been the only one to use that to keep a folder up top. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  What OS,  what device,  installed or web??  As a general thing,  'special' characters in notebook names are not a problem - I use "|" a lot rather than "_",  but none of my notebooks ever had an issue.  It's not expected at all for notebooks to spontaneously self-delete.  Good at least that you still have your notes in Trash.

I discovered it gone via the EN app on Apple OS 10.10.5 Yosemite. But then gone even when accessing via web. 

What was most curious was that the info box showed they were deleted in October, but were from a different folder. Strange, but no actual loss.  

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, JoeTaxpayer said:

Today, that folder, and a couple others that started with underbar, were deleted. 

Were the lost notebooks Local Notebooks?   
If necessary, Evernote will rebuild your local database from the servers;
- the rebuild doesn't include Local Notebooks

>What was most curious was that the info box showed they were deleted in October, but were from a different folder.

That's a clue
Were these notes moved from a Sync'd notebook to a Local notebook;
- the original note is deleted (trash)  and a new note created