Dropped wrong device

Dulcinea

Idea

Last week I changed phones and unfortunately when I downloaded the Evernote app I dropped the wrong device so all my infomation is gone.

Originally I had Evenote set up on my phone (Samsung SM-J530F) and my tablet (Samsung SM-J330F) . A couple of weeks ago my husband did a factory reset on the tablet and I had forgotten I hadn't downloaded the Evenote app again.

So when I changed my phone last week and downloaded the Evernote app on my new phone (Samsung SM-A105FN), I dropped my old phone from the app without thinking that no information had been syncronised on my tablet, so now I have lost all the information I had on it.

Is there a way of retrieving all the info I had?

Thank you.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

This situation is most often related to the accidental creation of a second account.  Your info should still be on the Evernote servers.  Be sure you are using the right username and password. 

Thank you but that is not the case. All I can think of is that as I dropped my old phone as a device (which I can't access as it's damaged), and I hadn't downloaded the app onto my tablet, my new phone has nothing to sync with, therefore no data. Is there any way of retrieving the information from the Evernote servers?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Dulcinea said:

my new phone has nothing to sync with, therefore no data. Is there any way of retrieving the information from the Evernote servers?

Two steps

1. Install the Evernote app
  2. Login with the correct userid/password

Evernote is a cloud service; minimal data is retrieved from the servers; just metadata

The app accesses note contents via the internet

5 hours ago, DTLow said:

[snip]

Evernote is a cloud service; minimal data is retrieved from the servers; just metadata

[snip]

I don't think the second part is correct. In addition to metadata, Evernote stores a full copy of every synced notebook on the servers. That is how you are able to access them via the Web client. When you sync a device, it syncs with the servers, not directly with whatever other devices you have.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, John in Michigan USA said:

I don't think the second part is correct. In addition to metadata, Evernote stores a full copy of every synced notebook on the servers. 

The comment was to data stored on @Dulcinea's phone

Yes, the master version of our data is stored on the servers.  The exception is notebooks specified as Local