Not able to export notes to my desktop.

I'm definitely NOT a computer expert and I need help!

I have happily used the "Basic" level of Evernote (for Windows) for several years for my daily planning of my personal life and my business.  Until a few days ago,  from the "snippet" view, I was able to double-click on a specific note and immediately open it separately onto my desktop.  I could open any number of the notes on my screen, resize them, place them side-by-side, etc. and edit any one of them.

Now, for some reason, I am not able to export any note to my desktop.  The can now only open one at a time on the right side of the Evernote display.  What happened??

I've restarted my computer a couple of times, but no change.  Did I do something to create this problem?    Were changes made in the program?  Are they urging me to upgrade?

Old Landscaper 

• Level 5

Hi, @Old Landscaper, and welcome to the forums! Even though you rebooted the computer, some people report that problems like this, which may result from some erroneous code getting "stuck" somewhere, can best be fixed by completely exiting the Evernote program. Clicking the red X box at top right only closes the interface. To completely close the program, go to the File menu and choose Exit. Then restart Evernote in your usual way. Hopefully this will fix this function. Being a Basic user does not affect standard functioning like this.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Old Landscaper said:

Until a few days ago,  from the "snippet" view, I was able to double-click on a specific note and immediately open it separately onto my desktop.  I could open any number of the notes on my screen, resize them, place them side-by-side, etc. and edit any one of them.

This continues to work in my current version (6.21.1.8702 (308702) Prerelease). What version are you running?  It's on the Help / About... dialog.

Let's see if it's a problem with double-click, or the "Open note in new window" functionality. Select a note in snippet view, and press Ctrl+Enter. Or from the main menu, select /Note / "Open in a New Window" Either of those should open the note in a new window. 

I suppose tha you should also check to see whether the new window is actually opening, but is off-screen. In the Windows taskbar, hover over the Evernote entry, and see if two or more windows pop up.