Lost Content/info on notes

Rich B

Idea

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5
On 8/27/2019 at 12:39 PM, Rich B said:

I have lost a lot of written content from within my notes. How do i go about recovering them? I regularly sync my devices and so unsure as to why the content has been lost.

Any advice? 

See the advice from @Scott T. in this thread:

On 8/27/2019 at 1:07 PM, Rich B said:

If I disconnected a device would this have any impact on the content/notes that i can access from the other/enabled devices? 

More information would help. What kind of device? What exactly is meant by "disconnected": did you disconnect it from the Internet, take it offline? Did you quit using it altogether? If it's offline, data can't be synced to Evernote servers, and therefore would not be found on other devices. If you synced Evernote before you took the device offline or quit using it, then you notes should be available from other devices. For more information, see this Help & Learning article: How does sync work from within Evernote?

• Level 5*
On 8/27/2019 at 12:07 PM, Rich B said:

If I disconnected a device would this have any impact on the content/notes that i can access from the other/enabled devices? 

No.  Best to be sure the device was synced before you disconnect so as all updates made it to the servers.