USB stick

Amaro

Idea

Hello!

I'm new here on the forum. I've been using Evernote since 2012 and this is the first time I use the forum 😁.

In the name of mobility and security, increasingly important with each passing day, I would like to suggest to the developers of Evernote that they create a way for Evernote to run on a USB stick and without the Internet. With this, they could also satisfy Linux clients like me.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

The best place to post this would probably be on one of the Feedback & Feature Request forums: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/449-product-feedbackfeature-requests/.

OK, @DTLow took care of that. My opinion: FWIW, because Evernote's core feature is the ability to create notes on one platform and view and edit them on many others, running it on a USB stick with no Internet connection would be severely limiting for it. Are you saying you'd keep the Evernote program and note database on the USB stick, and just carry it around from computer to computer?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Moved to the feature request forum

>>they could also satisfy Linux clients like me.

Are you also asking for Linux Evernote client app?

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Amaro said:

In the name of mobility and security, increasingly important with each passing day, I would like to suggest to the developers of Evernote that they create a way for Evernote to run on a USB stick and without the Internet. With this, they could also satisfy Linux clients like me.

For now, at least, they call that version the Evernote Web client. No USB stick required, either, but Internet, yes.

Beyond that, you  should search the web for "evernote portable version". You might turn up some links of interest, and possibly previous discussions in these forums...

12 horas atrás, Dave-in-Decatur disse:

The best place to post this would probably be on one of the Feedback & Feature Request forums: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/449-product-feedbackfeature-requests/.

OK, @DTLow took care of that. My opinion: FWIW, because Evernote's core feature is the ability to create notes on one platform and view and edit them on many others, running it on a USB stick with no Internet connection would be severely limiting for it. Are you saying you'd keep the Evernote program and note database on the USB stick, and just carry it around from computer to computer?

My suggestion only makes sense if the database is incorporated into the USB stick. Otherwise it has no use at all.