Paste and Match Style or Remove All Formatting option

Hello. I often want to copy and paste something from the internet using the mac app. Why can't I copy and paste without formatting or to 'match the style' of the note that I'm typing in. This seems like a basic request. Maybe I am missing how to do this. Thanks

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Hi.  You have  paste and match style option in Edit,  as well as simplify / remove formatting.  It's also possible to paste to a text only notepad and copy/ paste from there into a note.  Is none of this suitable?

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

No this is not. Evernote should have it's own Paste and Match Style, if even only for the premier users. 

Using an intermediate program isn't a great solution especially for a piece of software that does what Evernote is designed to do. 

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
On 6/5/2020 at 12:12 AM, akubird said:

Using an intermediate program isn't a great solution especially for a piece of software that does what Evernote is designed to do.

It's understood that this is not any kind of 'solution',  but it is a way to get things done now rather than wait an unspecified time for Evernote,  if they accept that this is a feature they should prioritise,  to get through the coding and testing process and to release it.  Evernote are (they say) in process of completely re-coding all of their apps for all operating systems,  so may have already included some upgrades.  But they don't preview details,  so we'll probably have to wait until the new versions hit the streets to see what they're capable of.  (Strikes me that few users seem to be aware of this,  so I'll boiler-plate this paragraph for inclusion with more answers...)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When I’m on my Mac, I cut and paste into Text Editor first (to convert it to plain text), and then into Evernote and that seems to eliminate all of the html.

When I’m on iOS, I utilize the “Plain Text Paste” app which is really easy to use. If you keep the app open while you’re cutting and pasting, it’s an automated process meaning you can copy the text and then pasted directly into Evernote and the html will be stripped.

I am hoping the new Evernote apps have this feature built in though ;)

On 4/17/2019 at 9:36 AM, plumcharlie said:

Hello. I often want to copy and paste something from the internet using the mac app. Why can't I copy and paste without formatting or to 'match the style' of the note that I'm typing in. This seems like a basic request. Maybe I am missing how to do this. Thanks

The system wide Command Shift V doesn’t work for you?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2020 at 8:12 PM, Sayre Ambrosio said:

The system wide Command Shift V doesn’t work for you?

It does, the point is or what is discussed and meant here is the format taken over from web into Evernote which is mostly unwanted if you're putting together content from various sites and each part has a different format / font, size, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...