Outlook add-in

Go to solution Solved by Ana P.,

Hello. I am having trouble with Evernote in Outlook Desktop. I can not save an email in Evernote because it always "loads". Save option is inactive. In the Web version of Outlook, I get it! Waiting for answers! Tks

https://www.evernote.com/l/AIoHlaYRk6hN8YQmVjVbf-AUiidSOZl3wE4 

I'm having the same problem - the add-in will load, but the button to post to evernote is stuck on "Loading..."

I can access it from the web client Outlook, but the thick client Mac version is stuck on Loading.

I have tried restarting Outlook.  Logging out and back-in to the Evernote Add-In.  Removing the Add-in and re-installing it.  Connecting to an alternate network (via mobile hotspot vs hardwired). 

None of the above resolved my issue.

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, DAD said:

I'm having the same problem - the add-in will load, but the button to post to evernote is stuck on "Loading..."

I can access it from the web client Outlook, but the thick client Mac version is stuck on Loading.

I have tried restarting Outlook.  Logging out and back-in to the Evernote Add-In.  Removing the Add-in and re-installing it.  Connecting to an alternate network (via mobile hotspot vs hardwired). 

Hi.  In that situation I'd strongly suggest a support request,  with a link to this discussion thread for background...

23 horas atrás, DAD disse:

I have already sent a message to Evernote support but they do not respond. I already spoke with Office 365 support and they said that this has to be solved with Evernote.

Em 29/03/2019 at 15:10, gazumped disse:

Hi.  Have you tried restarting Outlook (if it is the installed version) or removing / re-adding the plug-in?

Initially I did this, but it did not solve the problem. It should be something in the application, something that Evernote has to solve internally.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Erico F. said:

I have already sent a message to Evernote support but they do not respond.

Did you receive a ticket number?  That should happen within minutes,  though a human response takes longer,  depending on how busy the team are...

2 hours ago, Erico F. said:

It should be something in the application, something that Evernote has to solve internally.

Evernote can't fix something of which they don't have several examples - we're (mainly) users providing support here in the forums,  so unable to comment on when or how this might be fixed.

28 minutos atrás, gazumped disse:

Did you receive a ticket number?  That should happen within minutes,  though a human response takes longer,  depending on how busy the team are...

Evernote can't fix something of which they don't have several examples - we're (mainly) users providing support here in the forums,  so unable to comment on when or how this might be fixed.

Yea.. Received.

21 horas atrás, ElliottB disse:

I'm having the same problem everyone else is with Outlook Desktop. The odd thing is the integration works perfectly on the Outlook.live.com web site.

YEA. I spoke with an Evernote and Outlook support and they told me the same hypothesis: maybe the Evernote plugin is not as up-to-date as the Outkook. For example, I'm active in my Office 365 Desktop Office Insider, where all apps are updated before anyone else. Outlook upgraded by giving problem in the Evernote plugin. The Evernote company has to update the plugin as Outlook evolves. 

4 horas atrás, cbuk26 disse:

Hi, Just wondering if this issue has been resolved? Having the same issue on outlook for mac.

No. I talked to a successful Evernote and Microsoft support. This may be occurring because of the Outlook update. The Evernote plugin needs to be updated as well. I think the developers of the Evernote plugin are not at the same speed as Outlook. That is what may be happening. If the problem is corrected, I'll post it here. Please, also post here if you can solve it. Tks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

We're a -mainly- user-supported forum and Support related queries raised here are pretty unlikely to get a response.  If you're a subscriber I'd recommend reporting this via https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new 

You'll get a personal response (eventually) and you'll help Evernote understand both the technical issue and how many users are affected.

5 horas atrás, vandevyver disse:

After being unable to pass the tags in the outlook plugin, the integration is now completely broken....

Guess that solves the tagging problem as well ...

(yes Sheldon, this is sarcasm)

I think it has to do with updating Outlook.  Evernote needs to work on developing this plugin.

5 horas atrás, Outhentics disse:

Any progress with this? I have the same issue. Outlook for Mac add in. Sits in the 'Loading' mode and no further.

5 horas atrás, Outhentics disse:

Any progress with this? I have the same issue. Outlook for Mac add in. Sits in the 'Loading' mode and no further.

not yet.. 

Opened my first ticket on this on March 19... Then another on April 11... Nothing.

I wouldn't complain if I wasn't paying for this service, but I am. It's starting to get annoying, as I depend on this plugin, and forwarding just isn't the same.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, kkarney said:

Opened my first ticket on this on March 19... Then another on April 11... Nothing

Not even a ticket number?  If you weren't allocated a number Evernote don't know about your query.  If you do have a ticket number and can quote it here,  we can ask an Admin to chase the support team for you...

• Level 5

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out, and our sincere apologies about any trouble or inconvenience this issue has caused!

We do believe we’ve identified a fix for this issue, and are currently awaiting approval of the updated version in order to implement the fix.

I’ll follow-up here once I have more information, but please know we are aware of the issue and working to resolve it.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any other questions.

• Like 1
  • Solution
Hello,

I'm following up the "Save" button issue with Evernote for Outlook on Mac.

A new version was released (1.8.1) to fix this. Please refresh your Outlook to see the new version 😉

• 1 year later...