Track Multiple Receipts in Category and Total Them

pkellner

I've created a folder called "Home Depreciation Expenses" and I want to put individual notes in that folder that each have a total amount associated with them.

I then want to be able generate a report that totals all these along with a description (title) of each one.

How to do that?

• Level 5*

I put the $ in the note title for easy access.

Evernote is the tool for collecting the data; it's not the right app for totalling and reporting
I copy the note titles to a spreadsheet for reporting406014176_ScreenShot2018-12-06at09_13_15.png.f15a43a7ee102011a45c68a9bb44aa2f.png

In this sample

• Details is the note title, and a link to the note in Evernote
  • The other columns are parsed from the note title, tags and other metadata

I use the spreadsheet to produce budget and expense reports.

1329100037_ScreenShot2018-12-06at09_21_34.png.9e56d2852978ee9abefadb58ca5956de.png

Is there an automated way to pull from the title a special formatted dollar amount? Like, something like look for dollar sign, than grab that up until first white space, then format into a report with title, date and dollar amount (that I can download to excel).  Trying to avoid having to do double entry

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, pkellner said:

Is there an automated way to pull from the title a special formatted dollar amount?

I have this automated with scripting on my Mac, and I'm guessing you can use a cell formula in Excel

>>Like, something like look for dollar sign, than grab that up until first white space

Good analysis; that's how my script is parsing the data

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, pkellner said:

I'd really appreciate if you could upload or point at how you do that. I'm not very good at excel.

Here's a link to Excel formulas   https://www.ablebits.com/office-addins-blog/2016/06/01/split-text-string-excel/       Something like  =RIGHT(B2, SEARCH("$",A2,1)+1)

I'm not an Excel user; my solution is Applescript (Mac) based
Someone else might have better details on this.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, pkellner said:

Is there an automated way to pull from the title a special formatted dollar amount? Like, something like look for dollar sign, than grab that up until first white space, then format into a report with title, date and dollar amount (that I can download to excel).  Trying to avoid having to do double entry

No native capability within EN for what you want to do.  Roll your own,

Archived