Save Web Clips to a specific Note within a Notebook?

Cash_Boston

Idea

I have a Notebook for a grad studies class and in that notebook, one note for my 'rolling notes' for the entire semester.  I wanted one note for the 'rolling notes' so I could search an entire semester's worth of content without bouncing among a bunch of separate notes.  Is there a way to save a web clipping, or PDF, directly into that one note (vs a notebook?).

Right now, EN supports 'save to notebook' but then I have to open that new note and copy-paste it into the 'running notes,' and then delete the new note.  

Am I missing a more elegant way of saving a web clip, for example, right into an existing note, vs. as a new note that I have to merge (or copy-paste) into an existing note?  I'm new to Evernote so maybe I'm missing something basic...

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  AFAIK there is no current way to save a clip as an addition to an existing note,  apart from copy and pasting web content into the cursor position.  It's possible to extend notes by sending an email addition,  or by creating additional separate notes and merging the main body of text with some smaller inclusions..  but that's about it.  I actually prefer short(er) notes - if anything happens to corrupt or delete content from your all-eggs-in-one note,  you've lost everything;  whereas with a notebook (or a tag) linking dozens of smaller notes,  any losses or errors could only ever affect part of your data.  Not saying that this is likely or frequent,  but you never know... I like to have belt,  braces and backups just in case.

Searches can be limited to one notebook,  or can easily exclude notes that don't have a specific tag,  so if you can regard your note titles like chapter headings or even date markers,  you could keep hundreds of notes and simply add new ones when necessary.  Use a date marker like 20181127 at the start of the title to sort them into the correct chronological order,  even if they're not created that way.  Or use a tag like grad2018 so searches can either require hits from notes that do have that tag,  or exclude ones that don't.

Depending on how much clipping you're doing,  it would also be possible - provided you have another email address - to create another Basic account and use one for the grad studies and the other for the rest.  Premium subscribers can easily switch from one to the other - in Windows that's File > Add another user...

How to add and switch between multiple accounts in Evernote

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Cash_Boston said:

I wanted one note for the 'rolling notes' so I could search an entire semester's worth of content without bouncing among a bunch of separate notes.  Is there a way to save a web clipping, or PDF, directly into that one note (vs a notebook?).

As per @gazumped, my preference is for the separate notes, however you can merge the "bunch"  into a single note

B0002A76-9FAC-4050-92B1-931A206EAD94.png

Archived