Feature request: Geo-location reminder

Galeguin

Idea

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

The request is posted and users can indicate their support using the voting buttons in the upper left corner.

imho  This is beyond the scope of Evernote's functionality.  Evernote's reminder feature is very basic; the implementation of a start and completion date.
You need to look at third party apps/hardware.

Em 18/11/2018 at 14:21, gazumped disse:

Seems that the solution for Android (my case) isn't available anymore. But thanks for pointing me that.

Em 18/11/2018 at 14:35, DTLow disse:

The request is posted and users can indicate their support using the voting buttons in the upper left corner.

Yes, it is posted. But in a place that doesn't allow votes. 

Em 18/11/2018 at 14:35, DTLow disse:

imho  This is beyond the scope of Evernote's functionality.  Evernote's reminder feature is very basic; the implementation of a start and completion date.

And I appreciate your opinion my friend. Evernote has awesome features that I can't live without. And I think that can hone some of this without escape of the scope. Google Keeps is a direct competitor and provides this feature. I wish don't need third party apps to solve some problems and, imho, that a feasible request. But again, I really appreciate your opinion.

You're lucky in my opinion that the Android version actually captures geolocations at all. We've been waiting for that on the IOS side for many years. So many types of business users really need to be able to make notes while out in the field and have the location captured. In some way that it can be used outside of the silly little map that is available under "note details". 

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Still at the workarounds stage,  but something might be made of the What3Words photo app...

What3Words have their own geolocation driven (exactly like it says on the can) by three-word addresses.  Evernote HQ's front door is at placed.oasis.system - which you can get while taking the pic with their app - https://what3words.com/products/ for more details.

If it's not possible to share from that app direct to Evernote,  it is possible to save the pic to your Gallery to share to Evernote - and to upload a marker (or your pic,  or a note link URL) to the map.

Haven't tried to hang a coherent workflow together out of that,  but it looks promising - especially if you throw in IFTTT or other types of automation...

Archived