Hi!

I've tried to find a decent way to report a bug but there doesn't seem to be any way for an unpaid user like me except to post to this forum? I'm not okay with posting my activity log here if it contains some of my personal data.

So what happened is I had written a daily log as I usually do but when I'm shutting the program off it just keeps working with something. I'm thinking that it would solve itself if I would just let it be and as I left my computer for the rest of the day it was still working. When I was going to start Evernote this morning it had hung up so I was forced to force quit the program. This led to my note, which I had been working on for 40 minutes the day before, was completely gone except for leaving two empty notes without titles. I looked on the web and in my trash but did not find the tiniest glimpse of what I had written.

Is there ANY way to recover my notes without being a paid user? I could not see the history of the empty notes to see if my answer was there since I'm not a paid user. Isn't Evernote saving my note now and then as I'm writing? Evernote really ruined my morning and I pray there's a way for me to get my lost note back. Else I guess I'll have to look for a program I can trust to save my notes properly.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, OscarSundelin said:

I've tried to find a decent way to report a bug but there doesn't seem to be any way for an unpaid user like me except to post to this forum?

All accounts       Twitter @evernotehelps      
Paid Accounts    Contact Evernote Support 

>>So what happened is I had written a daily log as I usually do but when I'm shutting the program off it just keeps working with something. 

If you look at the activity log, do you get an indication of what the "something" is?

>>When I was going to start Evernote this morning it had hung up

I've notice a few times Evernote has hung; during backups, a full export
Checking the memory usage with the Activity Monitor, I see Evernote has used all available memory

Experiencing a similar problem this morning. Changed my domain password for our organisation this morning, deleted all my passwords from the Keychain and was therefore forced to sign back in to Evernote. My account now appears like a brand new account with no history notes at all. It's like I've never created any notes in Evernote. Trying to sync and nothing is happening either. Went in via the Webbrowser - the same. Please assist

• Level 5*
On 5/9/2018 at 9:28 AM, emsiepeenz@icloud.com said:

Experiencing a similar problem this morning. Changed my domain password for our organisation this morning, deleted all my passwords from the Keychain and was therefore forced to sign back in to Evernote. My account now appears like a brand new account with no history notes at all. It's like I've never created any notes in Evernote. Trying to sync and nothing is happening either. Went in via the Webbrowser - the same. Please assist

Hi.  It's very easy to create a new account by accident when logging in - you may be looking at a new - and therefore empty - database.  Check that your notes are safe,  and you're using the correct login by signing in via the website at Evernote.com.  There's also a forgotten password process you can use if there's any doubt as to which account details are now correct.

Archived